Dodge Journey R/T AWD

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have one of these? i am looking at selling my wifes Jetta and picking up a Journey R/T. some real world feedback would be great. My one buddie's wife has one and loves it. Any info is appreciated.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Just stock up on brake rotors and pads and power steering hoses about every 25-30k you will be changing them and in cold weather -10 and below to transmision bang into gear stealer cant find a problem. I don't own one but I know a guy who does has about 120K he not happy about it but it gets him back and forth to work.

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Work for a Dodge dealer...they are junk.........stay away,You will not be happy...

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Work for a Dodge dealer...they are junk.........stay away,You will not be happy...

Hey Bunn, I just got a 2011 ram sport I like it a lot and seems to be good. What do you recommend for a dodge car/suv for the wife? What's good? Just starting to look

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My mother and father inlaw have a newer journey, it's been back to the dealer lots!!! The rad has been replaced as of recent , only has 20000km ....yikes!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've got a 2009 Journey RT. On the good side, my wife was rear-ended at a red light by a guy doing 60 km/hr, and her and her mother sustained relatively minor injuries, so the vehicle absorbed the impact quite well (insurance in their infinite wisdom decided not to write off the vehicle, but thats another story...).

On the bad side, the stock tires that came with the vehicle are not being made anymore. The factory rims are not being made anymore, so we had to get a new set of tires and rims when the wife bent one of the rims and fubar'd the tire. While the vehicle is being repaired, we've been waiting over a month now for replacement parts / panels, which are not being made anymore. We traded in out Durango for the Journey, and had expected much better milage, but seems like we are only getting around 19 mpg at best. Knowing that, we wouldn't have traded in the Durango.

Maybe the ST/SXT models are different and have replacement parts more readily available, but in my experiences, THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL I'D EVER BUY ANOTHER JOURNEY.

My :twocents:

tekim :D

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your info, might have to look at something else. My wife put on around 40k a year so i need long term reliablity. Her 08 Jetta has been a remarkable car, i wish i could afford a VW Touareg.

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look at a Honda Pilot Or CRV....worth the extra money.My wife has a 2008 Pilot,loves it.Great on fuel on the highway.Never been to the dealer for anything.Can't recomend any Dodge car/suv vehicle at this moment.Trucks are ok.

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you like VW and want a suv get a Tiguan vs the touareg . They're cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tiquan is too small. lots of cabin space but not much storage.

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grand Cherokee......The 3.6L PENASTAR engine/powertrain has been good.Not alot of trouble so far with that.Other things have been issues though,touch screeens on the infotainment system,hvac concerns,water leaks,windnoise,power liftgate motor failures,fuel tank sloshing noises causes fuel gauge to read irratically,exhaust system noise from contact with the chassis,numerous software flash updates for driveabilty issues,air ride suspension issues..........need I go on.Oh....and for most of it,replacement parts are not available or at least 1 week away.Oh and don't forget when the vehicle will not start when the wireless ignition node locks up................

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
lots of pride u got for ure company that provides ure paychecks bunn eh ???

new durangos are pretty good so far up here in wct

journeys as well (and we have alot of them on the roads)

cherokees yes seam to have some problems there (but hey its a jeep :) )

i still like the nitros alot nice big vehicle and looks different than anything else

if u wanna spend a bit more for the wifey get her an aspen :)

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grand Cherokee......The 3.6L PENASTAR engine/powertrain has been good.Not alot of trouble so far with that.Other things have been issues though,touch screeens on the infotainment system,hvac concerns,water leaks,windnoise,power liftgate motor failures,fuel tank sloshing noises causes fuel gauge to read irratically,exhaust system noise from contact with the chassis,numerous software flash updates for driveabilty issues,air ride suspension issues..........need I go on.Oh....and for most of it,replacement parts are not available or at least 1 week away.Oh and don't forget when the vehicle will not start when the wireless ignition node locks up................

Are these problems with the older models? i was looking at a 2011-2012. Thanks for the info, might just stick with what i know GMC-Chev

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tiquan is too small. lots of cabin space but not much storage.

Ya my friends in Winnipeg have one (tiquan), they got it macked out and was just over 40k, pretty close to a touareg price if you ask me. However you can get them at around 30k and they have lots of pep, like lots!!! Very good for commuting to work and back on the HWY....but yes not much stoarge room. My mom drives a 2008 Honda CRV, more room then Tiquan however not anywhere near the pep....CRV lacks motor if you ask me....good suv though.

You can't win them all, some give and take

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have a 2011 grand cherokee ltd with the v6 and have had no issues with the vehicle. Went for a vw jetta tdi to the jeep due to an addition to the family and my wife loves the jeep. Bunn cant believe the things you say when you are getting paid to work for them. I would hope anyone working for me would understand that it is inappropriate to do that but hey that is just me. I also work at a dodge dealer and of course we only see and hear the bad things but overall for the price point there is not a better vehicle than the journey in the segment and yes they had some supplier issues when the bankrupcty proceedings happened which has caused some parts issues and unfortunatley in alberta we get cold weather and the power steering lines do have an issue there.

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have a 2011 grand cherokee ltd with the v6 and have had no issues with the vehicle. Went for a vw jetta tdi to the jeep due to an addition to the family and my wife loves the jeep. Bunn cant believe the things you say when you are getting paid to work for them. I would hope anyone working for me would understand that it is inappropriate to do that but hey that is just me. I also work at a dodge dealer and of course we only see and hear the bad things but overall for the price point there is not a better vehicle than the journey in the segment and yes they had some supplier issues when the bankrupcty proceedings happened which has caused some parts issues and unfortunatley in alberta we get cold weather and the power steering lines do have an issue there.

ummm......what is wrong with bunn's comments, if its true its true. I dont know for sure if its true, but these are things consumers want to hear.... if its true.

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ummm......what is wrong with bunn's comments, if its true its true. I dont know for sure if its true, but these are things consumers want to hear.... if its true.

Just saying that if his employer got wind of his bashing the product they might feel differently about his thoughts. No one makes junk out there for the most part and the 09/10 journeys did have a couple of issues especially with the power steering lines but as an employer I am sure they feel differently about the product. In my opinion there is not a better bang for your buck in the journey segment and there is a reason why they are the #1 selling crossover in canada and have been since they came out in 2009 but to each their own.

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just saying that if his employer got wind of his bashing the product they might feel differently about his thoughts. No one makes junk out there for the most part and the 09/10 journeys did have a couple of issues especially with the power steering lines but as an employer I am sure they feel differently about the product. In my opinion there is not a better bang for your buck in the journey segment and there is a reason why they are the #1 selling crossover in canada and have been since they came out in 2009 but to each their own.

Fair enough!

Mayfly

Reaction score
08154XP I imagine you are a salesman? They may not be junk but they are all overpriced.

Top Bottom