dodge 8 speed, perhaps we will see this in the diesel for the new fuel emmission crap

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
honestly thats going to be a pain in the ass for a gas job, my suburban with 6 speeds is constantly shifting couldnt imagine 8. im guessing good low crusing rpms

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
honestly thats going to be a pain in the ass for a gas job, my suburban with 6 speeds is constantly shifting couldnt imagine 8. im guessing good low crusing rpms

Really, I drive an 09 Sub for work 2500 with the 6.0... i don't have the constant shifting problem... now keep in mind I live in a small town so most driving is highway driving but even when i go to edmonton i've never noticed it... ill pay more attention next time...

Guest102

Reaction score

Glad someone else thinks this way!! I agree it will always be shifting, and probabaly break if a guy gets on it with lots of power

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They should put a real tranny behind there cummins instead of the dodge mini van tranny they use now. Maybe then the 6.7 dodge will pull like a new duramax or power stroke 6.7

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really, I drive an 09 Sub for work 2500 with the 6.0... i don't have the constant shifting problem... now keep in mind I live in a small town so most driving is highway driving but even when i go to edmonton i've never noticed it... ill pay more attention next time...

i notice it at highway speeds when going up/down small hills and when passing it doesnt shift down when you want haha. the worst shifting is between 65-80 with any type of slowdown speed up and hills

i drive in M mode a lot, just keep in in 4 most of the time. great for coasting down hills with little or no brake

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They should put a real tranny behind there cummins instead of the dodge mini van tranny they use now. Maybe then the 6.7 dodge will pull like a new duramax or power stroke 6.7

Engine has to much on the others already, gotta keep it somewhat fair!

Exactly why most guys pulling heavy have standards.......Or get the auto built up and it will have no issues.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 8 speed would be a pain in the azz for a gasser besides allison already has had the ability for 8 gears for along time. Dodge trannies are weak that is forsure but they all have issues we have 2 new lmm's in our shop for tranny rebuilds so there not bullet proof! with the dodge you need to beef the trans up but same with the chev's and fords once you start putting power to them! I'm currently driving a 97 12 valve 5 spd with cam plate,intake,exhaust,bigger injection pump,40% nozzles,and a southben triple disc clutch it has no issues at all! the new 6.7 cummins is underrated yes pretty gutless when the emmissions junk is on but once the emmissions crap is gone on that 6.7 that truck comes to life! I have yet to see a dmax put a 71 mm turbo with 150hp nozzles and a smarty programmer make over 700 rwhp and be able to break a set of 37's lose pulling onto a freeway doing 70 mph already! Cummins has the motor figured out just need the drivetrain. (the 12 valve is our farm/bail truck at our dealership lol I normally drive my hopped up lmm)

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Engine has to much on the others already, gotta keep it somewhat fair!

Exactly why most guys pulling heavy have standards.......Or get the auto built up and it will have no issues.

I beg to differ. The dodge 6.7 is a toilet. A lie. A dream. Gutless deisel guzzler that can only pass down hill when loaded. And it burns 100 liters more fuel One way from revy to Edmonton than my ford. Pulling my 4 place with both trucks I've proven This. My friend who owns this 2012 dodge like the truck. Hates the power. If its 400 hp. 800 torque the hid it in a poor set up tranny. As far as getting the auto (built up). There is no fix for the new 6 speed auto. The heavy hauler tranny set up for dodge isnt holding up either. Of course I'm talking about stock trucks. Not some twin turbo 12" exhast stacked truck driven by biff in overalls. I'm talking warranty and new truck made to pull.

Last edited:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
suncoast has a tranny for the new dodge ats does so does BD and if you call cam hulse at adrenaline performance 1-208-357-5603 i know he is working on a rebuild kit for the new ones if it isnt already out yet! not a big fan of the heavy hauler seen way to many of them go down for me to be satisfied! Suncoast is great Big Dipper makes a mean azz tranny for allisons so does mike from englewood trans in california lots of good trans out there for all makes just gotta look around. the 6.7 is not junk buddy had a lemon i'm a ford and chev dealer and I have no problem saying that cummins is an amazing motor!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I beg to differ. The dodge 6.7 is a toilet. A lie. A dream. Gutless deisel guzzler that can only pass down hill when loaded. And it burns 100 liters more fuel One way from revy to Edmonton than my ford. Pulling my 4 place with both trucks I've proven This. My friend who owns this 2012 dodge like the truck. Hates the power. If its 400 hp. 800 torque the hid it in a poor set up tranny. As far as getting the auto (built up). There is no fix for the new 6 speed auto. The heavy hauler tranny set up for dodge isnt holding up either. Of course I'm talking about stock trucks. Not some twin turbo 12" exhast stacked truck driven by biff in overalls. I'm talking warranty and new truck made to pull.

Your talking about NADP products, enough said.

Top Bottom