Do you know anyone with the corona virus?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This guy needs to properly use a calculator. Comparing current deaths to the total population in Ny state? That's not a chance of dying from contracting the virus, that's a population ratio.

Plus his flu comparison is missing facts. Apples and oranges.
Get your calculator out .... This guy's a quack..
Maybe compare to how the original Covid projections were made. Oh hey...we tested 15 people who were on death's door and 14 of them had Covid....then 1 of them died....therefore 71% of the world will get Covid and 7% of the world will die. FFS.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dude would be bitching about politicians if they did nothing and we were the other way up **** creek because of it. "I knew this thing was serious back in December! Why didn't our useless government do anything?"

This ****s been following me around all winter. Cancelled trip to Asia mid January when outbreak ramped up, was in Columbia early March and barely got out before Air Space closed. Was in Port Hardy, north Van island when grocery stores were emptied, gas stations out of fuel, everyone freaking out. Got home to Alberta when our government decided we should finally take action- all fake news, to some..lol.

oil worth nothing, everything shut down, government bail outs, travel not an option, bankruptcy etc ...all fake news...

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This ****s been following me around all winter. Cancelled trip to Asia mid January when outbreak ramped up, was in Columbia early March and barely got out before Air Space closed. Was in Port Hardy, north Van island when grocery stores were emptied, gas stations out of fuel, everyone freaking out. Got home to Alberta when our government decided we should finally take action- all fake news, to some..lol.

oil worth nothing, everything shut down, government bail outs, travel not an option, bankruptcy etc ...all fake news...

More people have died in 8 weeks from COVID in Alberta than from the flu in all of last year. (Same for Canada stats)
COVID must be fake news.
Let's get out there and do WTF ever.

Last edited:

sho

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This virus is still so new, they are still finding things about it. Young adults having strokes, children with no symptoms toes going purple. Clotting issues with many of the patients. People losing smell and taste for a time being. We won’t know the true impact for a year. They do believe there are way more deaths associated with Covid. The only way to have a true estimate is comparing last years death rate with this years. They are still not sure if you can be immune and if you can for how long.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Covid still is behind the flu from 2 years ago. Look at the hospital admissions that year compared to covid. Covid isn’t even close.

Attachments

• DDEE7CBD-0585-4520-AFE5-E9C3507E5E67.png
    DDEE7CBD-0585-4520-AFE5-E9C3507E5E67.png
    375.3 KB · Views: 143
  • 18BFF296-1217-4794-86E8-F07F20AB4B05.png
    18BFF296-1217-4794-86E8-F07F20AB4B05.png
    320.3 KB · Views: 141

Machomachoman

Reaction score
Dude would be bitching about politicians if they did nothing and we were the other way up **** creek because of it. "I knew this thing was serious back in December! Why didn't our useless government do anything?"

I had the cherry flavour, bit tart, but alright.

which flavour did you have?

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This virus is still so new, they are still finding things about it. Young adults having strokes, children with no symptoms toes going purple. Clotting issues with many of the patients. People losing smell and taste for a time being. We won’t know the true impact for a year. They do believe there are way more deaths associated with Covid. The only way to have a true estimate is comparing last years death rate with this years. They are still not sure if you can be immune and if you can for how long.
Fair enough. So let's say there is no vaccine or a cure ever. It will just be something the human race has to deal with. How long do you think economy will last doing what we are doing? We can't do this forever. At some point evolution takes over and you can't stop that.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Covid still is behind the flu from 2 years ago. Look at the hospital admissions that year compared to covid. Covid isn’t even close.

comparing a years worth of stats in 2017-2018 as to a little over a month of Covid 19 in a part of the world that was warned, protected and had actions taken to quarantine?

What your numbers dont tell is what would the results be from Covid 19 if there wasnt quarantine and prevent actions?

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can someone find out how many people died of the china shipping canada tons fentinal it was quite a few per day and we spent millions trying to save them

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
comparing a years worth of stats in 2017-2018 as to a little over a month of Covid 19 in a part of the world that was warned, protected and had actions taken to quarantine?

What your numbers dont tell is what would the results be from Covid 19 if there wasnt quarantine and prevent actions?

You just have to look at the one of the country's that did not quarantine.. (right now the name slips my mind). Yes their stats were higher but not drastic as they took precautions with their elderly and now they are on the down hill side of the slope as most of the country has built up a natural immunity

sho

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. So let's say there is no vaccine or a cure ever. It will just be something the human race has to deal with. How long do you think economy will last doing what we are doing? We can't do this forever. At some point evolution takes over and you can't stop that.
I hope that is not the case, but what they are doing right now is giving researchers and doctors time to share information and figure out the best way to treat it without hospitals being over run. If the worst case scenario happens than at least the doctors will know the best way to treat people. Testing will be the key. We will also have to learn a new way of living.

Reactions: RGM

sho

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You just have to look at the one of the country's that did not quarantine.. (right now the name slips my mind). Yes their stats were higher but not drastic as they took precautions with their elderly and now they are on the down hill side of the slope as most of the country has built up a natural immunity

I believe you are talking about Sweden. I hope you are right, but remember Sweden is not the same as most places. Most already work from home, don’t live in a house with large families and has a younger population. It is has also only been a month and a half. maybe this method will work for them, but look at South Korea the locked down the fasted, tested everyone and they have the lowest numbers compared to a lot of places. They also have citizens that actually listen to their government when the government says don’t leave your house they don’t leave.

Last edited:

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You are correct. What would the numbers be for the flu if we had quarantined? Nobody knows those numbers either. You know why? Nobody cares about the flu. 30% of the population gets vaccinated for the flu. Society has deemed it acceptable losses for the risk. When my daughter had no immunity from her 2 stem cell transplants we self isolated for 2 years, we didn’t ask for Alberta to shut down to keep her alive. Covid is pretty simple to not get, wash your hands keep your distances and or stay home. Those that are afraid need to isolate and protect themselves from the rest.

2dawgsfawkin

Reaction score
interesting comparison i heard on the radio this morning, and something i was thinking as well.

the similarity between the "die hard Covid is gonna kill us all" crowd, and the "die hard climate change crowd", is eerie.

they don't even consider any other views, even when the views are backed by facts and credible/educated sources. they continue spewing their propaganda at every turn.

i do think it is a psychological problem they have. they need to accept the worst case possibility, or the most outlandish report, of any situation, as fact, so they can justify living in fear.

weird.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Random stat I heard from a social worker in Calgary: Overdoses have doubled since the lock down due to the interruption of drugs brought in from the US, apparently a lot of poor quality home grown drugs in Canada...

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Random stat I heard from a social worker in Calgary: Overdoses have doubled since the lock down due to the interruption of drugs brought in from the US, apparently a lot of poor quality home grown drugs in Canada...
We were in Calgary yesterday to get the kids to sign their tax forms and stopped at the Tim's in Crowfoot Crossing for a lemonade for the road. I was shocked the amount of whack job druggies hanging around the drive thru lineup begging for money with signs saying they were homeless. They were having heated conversations with themselves for god sakes. Like I'm gonna give them a couple bucks to support their habit. 4 guys in the lineup. Told the person at the pickup window to clean up the parking lot or wouldn't be back.

Top Bottom