Do Grizzlies really even need a snorkel kit?

jimmytheman

Reaction score
hey can any of you grizzly riders give me an idea on what kind of snorkel kit i need for my 700 grizz!!!! i only want to buy what i need so please help me out... thanks

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Just do a little research on it and go down to your local home hardware or depot and pick up a few clamps ($3.84) and some 2 1/2" shop vac hose ($19.99) a couple of abs elbows and have at her. From my experience there is several ways you can do it. Just make sure you don't reduce the size of the intake enough to cause overheating of the clutches. We have done a couple and both were done different ways and both work fine. There are alot of peeps on this site with more knowledge than me and hopefully thay can chime in and help you get it done. A snorkle kit is a must if you like to go in DEEP. Good Luck.

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found that you need it for the tranny clutch moreso than for the air intake. On my Kodiak, the intake is a giant funnel just underneath the rack and plastic on the front. This is usually the first place that goes under water, or in the mud and/or muskeg. Once you suck in enough crap, your clutches can't expand, and your stuck with little if any forward speed.

On the Kodiak, the intake was the same size as 2" ABS, so its just a matter of the right collars, straight lengths, and elbows (BTW I have a 180 at the top, not just the 90 as in the second pic). I glued a female collar to the intake tube, then a male coupler onto the straight pipe, and left the top as is so I could slide the straight pipe through the plastic after it is screwed into the female coupler.

I had the glue and the straight pipe from before when I made my potato guns, so I think the total cost was less than $10.

tekim:d

krazy ken

Reaction score
I just snorkele4d my 700 griz two weeks ago, kit from highlifter. Should of gone to hardware store would have been alot cheaper, was real easy to do compared to 660.I have gonnin belt wet with stock piping, in over 4 feet of water.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We did my buddies just cause the piping for th belt exhaust is in a poor spot anwill drown very easy in under 2' of water. And you never know how deep the hole is when it comes down to when you cross it or turn around.

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new to the site and don't really want to but into your topic, but does it matter what angle elbow you put on?(45, 90?) and does it have to face the handle bars?

krazy ken

Reaction score
It doesn't really matter if there 45 OR 90. I face mine down and to the back to keep dust and any splashing water from going in. We're are all in these topics thats why it's a public site

b.kosty

Reaction score
I think you drill out 2 holes on the top front of the cover, I got a 2010 and wanting to do mine

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
google and youtube are two of your best friends for this topic. when i was lookin for ideas on my 660 i came across more info and kits for the 700's than the 660's. fyi- 660's is a beach to snorkle. not alot of room. heard the 700's easy as makin puddin

Top Bottom