Difference between xm and free ride?

fountaintirexp

Reaction score
Website
www.fountaintire.com
wouldn't be so sure there. Those running boreds were pretty saggy when I was on the demo sled. As well I found they dragged when pulling button hooks, but the extra width sure is nice. the sled is heavier and does require more input to maneuver over the x. The stance is great and stable, but too wide, sway bar disconnect is a necessary IMO. Do any of the pro riders whom ride for skidoo ride the freeride?

I'm 250 and my boards don't flex at all. Time too go on a diet if you made the demo boards sag.

summitzx

Reaction score
wow, not a lot of love for the free rides. I have been snooping around this website looking for info regarding them. I would love to hear from someone that has rode the new 2014. my understanding is that the 2013 are xp chassis and the 2014 are the new xm chassis all the skidoo people are ranting and raving about, so with the KYB shocks, the new xm chassis, t-motion, and the reinforcements I was expecting good things from this machine.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow, not a lot of love for the free rides. I have been snooping around this website looking for info regarding them. I would love to hear from someone that has rode the new 2014. my understanding is that the 2013 are xp chassis and the 2014 are the new xm chassis all the skidoo people are ranting and raving about, so with the KYB shocks, the new xm chassis, t-motion, and the reinforcements I was expecting good things from this machine.

It's the ultimate sled. You just have to understand that it will take a little more effort to throw around. Something some people don't understand when buying it and then get mad at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I had the xp chassis freeride in 2012, put narrow front end on and loved it. Had the summit xmx last year, put the wide front end on and loved it. So this year ordered xm freeride... Just makes sense to me. I'm 210lbs before gear so tougher chassis is great and I have no problem throwing around the wider stance.

Sent from my iPhone using

Top Bottom