diamond drive out split halves ????????

woodym7

Reaction score
so seems i have a little play in the lower gear i can grab it and it moves side to side up in down i assume this is no good lol...........if im right any tricks on changing these bearings? or is it something else??

Last edited:

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Yeah if you have play in there it is going to be a problem. If you havent pulled your diamond drive out before this is a task that should only take you an hour or so. What year is your sled? if it is a 07 it will have a mechanical reverse and 08 and up it is electronic. The diamond drives are totally different inside but still rather easy to pull apart. You can just pull the cover off in the sled or remove the whole thing and do it on the bench, I perfer the latter because the bottom bolts are a pain in the a$$ and it is easier to re assemble the cases if you have a mechanical reverse. Dont forget to take the bolt out of the diamond drive that is in the jackshaft. It is a 16mm bolt head and you will need quite a few extentions to reach it, apply the brakes and walla its undone. I swore for a long time trying to get my diamond drive out untill I found that little guy! Once you get it apart the problem will be obvious to you, if you want pics of the inside of the cases I have mine out right now, I could post some but it should be fairly straight forward. If your diamond drive is shot and you have to replace it you may want to look at the diamond lite as it is more efficient and about the same cost, the new parts are crazy money! I know this because my buddy niner pooched his last year and it was not cheap. Good luck.:beer:

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a very detail re & re thread on artic chat that is complete with pictures. Most people upgrade the bearings at this time as well.
How many miles on the sled?

Top Bottom