Decisions, decisions

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Whats "probably wrong" my old buddy is that Doo riders secretly feel their sled isn't as flickable as the competitors machine? No matter what you ride, be it Polaris or Doo or even the weight challenged Yamaha's it all comes down to how good a rider you are. A good skinner will shine on a Kawasaki Invader. I am personally a creature of habit. I feel more comfortable on the XP but cannot get comfortable on a Yamaha or Poo. I actually like the feel of the Cat. Do I want to make that one climb on a Doo to get out of a bad hole at the end of the day? Probably, but then I've been riding the XP for 7 years now.:D:beer::beer::D
You could have sold me Belarus tractors and I would have told everyone they were the best!! lol. You were the best example of how good customer service...and a pretty respectable brand can become a huge success.
My favorite chassis was the REV and the Pro really reminds me of that sled. I am sure the XP is a great sled and the numbers prove it. I also know competition is good, and helps all of us. I will never ever forget all the support from "the" Mr r's.
For all those who do not know...snopro along with his father and family were the original Mr R's owners in Milo Ab. and were a absolute amazing Ski-Doo dealer. Thanks Kenny!!

Sorry to hijack the thread...buy one of each!:cool:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ill make this easy for you.

everyone has forgotten that the doo comes with the 2.5" track for 2012. the ONLY manufacturer that has actually done something about deep snow performance for 2012.

everyone has overlooked this and i can tell you as will anyone else who went to a 2.5" track previous years that its good for an extra 20+% better performance in the deep.

OUT OF THE BOX the skidoo is the best deep snow performance hands down. and after all isnt that what we are after?

sure they all handle a bit different. they all have weak and strong points. but out of the box to doo takes it forsure.

and yes i know you can all go put 16 wide 2.5" tracks on your pro...wait no you cant!!!!

but as far as the turbo route goes the pro is the only option there. proven kits on the market for that sled.

you can adapt your riding to your chassis. but you cant adapt power and floatation/traction in factory form. and if you think the etec isnt as nimble as the pro thats just down right scary. pretty soon well have single ski sleds or seadoo hulls.

like others have mentioned the 2011+ skidoo sleds handle completely different from the pervious models.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:D
You could have sold me Belarus tractors and I would have told everyone they were the best!! lol. You were the best example of how good customer service...and a pretty respectable brand can become a huge success.
My favorite chassis was the REV and the Pro really reminds me of that sled. I am sure the XP is a great sled and the numbers prove it. I also know competition is good, and helps all of us. I will never ever forget all the support from "the" Mr r's.
For all those who do not know...snopro along with his father and family were the original Mr R's owners in Milo Ab. and were a absolute amazing Ski-Doo dealer. Thanks Kenny!!

Sorry to hijack the thread...buy one of each!:cool:

Ha Ha. You outted me! I was flying below the radar. Lol. I really miss the lifelong friends, like you and Rapinder and Flip. Those were the days. Rums in the tub and bluebird days at Keystone. Everybody builds a great sled today. Ride what puts a smile on your face.

but 9 out of 10 people picked a Doo in an independent taste test. Bawhahahahaha!!!!!:D:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just knew maxwell was gonna talk track! thats about the only real difference.

I hate to admit it when maxwell is right.
but they are both great machines. actually i never admitted to anything here now did i...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL.

your absolutely right. both sleds are awesome. got to spend some time on the pro last season. as well as the etec.

but when the fresh hits overnight the 16 wide 2.5" makes a big difference. i know some pro guys that will be reading this that wont argue that as they saw the results first hand last season.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL.

your absolutely right. both sleds are awesome. got to spend some time on the pro last season. as well as the etec.

but when the fresh hits overnight the 16 wide 2.5" makes a big difference. i know some pro guys that will be reading this that wont argue that as they saw the results first hand last season.

Who makes the new 2.5 for doo? i assume Camoplast!!!! Can anyone confirm if this track is better than the camo extreme, want to change my track but still unsure which way to go. Sorry for hijack. Also never riden a Poo but absolutely love my XP through and through.

Top Bottom