DECEMBER Snow conditions

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading out there in a couple hours can't wait to play in Nipple deep Pow!

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hotrod has been grooming Renshaw daily this week! 3ft of new snow this week alone! And that was up till yesterday, and a heavy snowfall warning in effect so who knows what that may bring! Belle has 16in of fresh and Lucielle not sure! I'm surprized nobody has posted any pics of this week, there has been a lot of people going up!!

Doof

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Renshaw was awesome today, just no visibility! It was snowing pretty good when we left the cabin just before sundown.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody wanna head up tomorrow evening, ride sun,half day mon, be home mon night? My crew is all busy with Christmas and all. If not anybody mind a tag along sat/sun if I drive up myself? Got all the proper gear and can hold my own. Cheers

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GF and I are heading there today, riding sun/mon, coming back tues. But she's pretty new so won't be hitting any crazy terrain. Speaking of, how is Lucille for a beginner?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Heading up early Boxing Day, looking for groups or individuals to ride with.
Looks like the conditions are great.

Heading up Boxing Day around 4 am and coming back New Year's Day. have one spot available as well. PM me if interested.

Xmrider163

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would leave now for quick 2 day ride. Everyone I know is going after Xmas or New Years I want Togo today!! Just got my new 2014 summit 163 and need some pow!!

Anybody wanna head up tomorrow evening, ride sun,half day mon, be home mon night? My crew is all busy with Christmas and all. If not anybody mind a tag along sat/sun if I drive up myself? Got all the proper gear and can hold my own. Cheers

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading up early Boxing Day, looking for groups or individuals to ride with.
Looks like the conditions are great.

Heading up Boxing Day around 4 am and coming back New Year's Day. have one spot available as well. PM me if interested.

How about a couple pics of the snow in relation to the Renshaw cabin deck when you are there?

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From in town it looks pretty socked in up there, but heading up Renshaw now.

Rode Belle yesterday, pockets of deep snow but 6" everywhere. Should be a bunch more fresh up there today and it's still snowing.

springer

Reaction score
thanks Leona for bringing the incident to everyones attention. The road is narrow and lots of corners even if i do pay attention will even pay more atttention to the road conditions and the traffic. Hope one sledder does not spoiled it for everyone.

misterpro

Reaction score
Had a great two days riding Renshaw, the conditions are excellent.
The trail into the area was great, however coming back was pretty bad.
Now, I have to get this off my chest. Coming out the trail was 30kms of one foot high ruts two feet apart. That 30kms of bone jarring ruts.
There's no reason for it to be that bad, and the main reason is guys can't accelerate smoothly. If your're pulsing the throttle up and down all the way up it trashes the trail.
On the way up I took it slow enough to be passed by many riders, most of the guys that passed me jammed on the throttle and spun their tracks as they passed. THIS WRECKS THE TRAIL.

You can drive as fast as you can on the trail as long as you accelerate smoothly and don't spin your track.

Now I know this message will fall on deaf ears, or the people who most need to hear it most either don't care or aren't listening, but I had to just say it.

And I know there is no realistic way of policing the trail against these offenders, and for that reason I will never ride Renshaw again, Sorry McBride.

And I suspect I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Sorry for the rant.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it happens everywhere, just our trail is long. Has anyone been to spirit lake this year??

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We made it to the fuel drop by the ant hills but that's as far as we could go last weekend Barry.Zero visibility and nipple deep snow made going anywhere pretty tough. Sorry we missed you.

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a great two days riding Renshaw, the conditions are excellent.
The trail into the area was great, however coming back was pretty bad.
Now, I have to get this off my chest. Coming out the trail was 30kms of one foot high ruts two feet apart. That 30kms of bone jarring ruts.
There's no reason for it to be that bad, and the main reason is guys can't accelerate smoothly. If your're pulsing the throttle up and down all the way up it trashes the trail.
On the way up I took it slow enough to be passed by many riders, most of the guys that passed me jammed on the throttle and spun their tracks as they passed. THIS WRECKS THE TRAIL.

You can drive as fast as you can on the trail as long as you accelerate smoothly and don't spin your track.

Now I know this message will fall on deaf ears, or the people who most need to hear it most either don't care or aren't listening, but I had to just say it.

And I know there is no realistic way of policing the trail against these offenders, and for that reason I will never ride Renshaw again, Sorry McBride.

And I suspect I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Sorry for the rant.

I've ridden renshaw for years and it's always bad after the weekend riders. I only ride weekdays and the trail is always amazing. Hot rod does a great job!! He does what he can with conditions, temps and the aftermath of the weekenders.

That being said one less person going up to find the amazing powder and riding area that renshaw has to offer I'm pretty sure there's more than a few people that are happy to here that. Lol.

I'll make that trek anytime cause there's almost always the best conditions and untouched powder!!

Sent from my iPhone using

Top Bottom