DECEMBER Snow conditions

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Pictures from last week are posted under "snow watch". There has been some new snow at higher elevations, but not a substantial amount. It has been a little warmer this past week and hopefully that has allowed the base to set up a bit. Snow is in the forecast for today (Sunday) so we will see what develops that way. Currently snowing up Lucille and Belle, and some nasty clouds are hovering over Renshaw.

Last edited:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pictures from last week are posted under "snow watch". There has been some new snow at higher elevations, but not a substantial amount. It has been a little warmer this past week and hopefully that has allowed the base to set up a bit. Snow is in the forecast for today (Sunday) so we will see what develops that way. Currently snowing up Lucille and Belle, and some nasty clouds are hovering over Renshaw.
you mean nice clouds, don't you Judy. clouds deliver snow, snow is good therefor clouds are nice. :eek:

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clouds are nicest when they are nasty, lol.
Coming in for a day trip tomorrow, I'll post the goods when I get home!

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we just got home, I wish I had better news but the wind has hampered any reloading in the Renshaw. Most open area's are wind roached. I probed just under 2 feet on a few random open hills... although we were able to find 5 feet + in the trees. It was sunny on and off, but quite chilly with the strong wind all day.
I'm no expert, but with all this wind blowing combined with snowfall, and lack of base... I would start to be concerned about wind loaded tops possibly letting go, I saw a few small sluffs that got my attention.
Met the groomer on his way up, the trail access is still in pretty good shape, so another storm or two and things could be looking great.
It was cool to meet the group from Manitoba, have a safe trip home guys!
DSCF0398_zpsef491200.jpg
DSCF0394_zps04858d26.jpg
DSCF0396_zps5300a674.jpg

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill be up on the mountain this upcoming weekend myself and a few friends. I will take some pics and Im thinking the trees is where i will be....Stuck that is...

Jay

JDisco

Reaction score
has anyone ride belle or Lucille the last few days? Thinking about riding tomorrow

Doof

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Renshaw today, they definitely need a couple more feet of snow to cover everything up! Lots of landmines, most of which are easily visible. Probed about 2-2.5 feet in most places, up to 3-3.5 feet in the trees, like I said, definitely need a good snow storm or 2! Trail up was good!
FILE0259.jpg FILE0022.jpg FILE0016.jpg

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were also up Renshaw Friday. Rebroke the trail up the Avvy chute into the ant hills. Most the of the snow is wind blown but it's still kinda soft. Deffinately not as powdery as last weekend unless your in the trees or the low areas. Make sure you dress warm. Also highly recommend all the guys that ride Doos that think there sleds are to invincible for scratchers get them. The snow is thin down low . Had to stop atleast 8-10 times both ways Waiting for the XMs and XPs to cool down. Bring your scratchers!!!

Dragon4x4

Reaction score
Damn you Pav lol take some good pics for us stuck working. ..

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Top Bottom