December Conditions

Sled Den

Reaction score
Hey Sara love to come play with you but here you arent going to be around hope you have a good new year and hope rev is good to. Kevin

Awww thanks Kevin! Yes, pretty sure we are in Revy for New Year's! You should all still come to ride though, snow has really improved, but for sure it's lower than normal, and you guys still need to ride alert, but it's much more positive than it was and that's gotta count for now!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Allright, if no one else will do it I will, I call BS. Old video , photoshop whatever it is ,Watch the video, there's a shot of the cabin deck and the snow is still below the deck, epic snow eh, can't imagine what you'll have to say when the snow actually does finally show up. Other than the fact it's snowing in the video and pics the conditions don't look a whole lot better than they were 3 weeks ago. No good pics to back up the claims, guessing we'll have to wait for a no BS report from Treemongrol to get the facts. Here's to hoping they have gotten some snow.

Hmm, I wonder why I bothered posting my pics when I get someone calling me out on them and my opinion. I know the area's in McBride very well. I generally know where the good snow is, even when there is concrete around the cabin. I have always ventured all over to find the powder and good area's, and learned where they are. Alot of the pics taken were quite close to the cabin. The others were on the way to blackwater and in blackwater. The first day it snows the snow is much deeper, then over night it consolidates and yes does go down about 30%. I will post the new video's from the next 2 days here, first I need to download them to my computer. And using windows movie maker throw together a quick movie. Sorry the quality is not great its just a digital camera. Maybe later in the season I'll grab a video camera. I'll have to also purchase Photoshop so I can modify my pictures to make you think that they are better than they are.:rolleyes:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Wednesday we headed to Renshaw again. We went to the Blackwater area. The trail up was groomed nicely. It was like a highway all the way up. And I heard they finally got it groomed right to the cabin, great job Rod. The bottom 7 km are quite icy on the corners, and have some gravel mixed in on the first 3 km. There is still parking at Km 2. And up top at the main parking lot. Its a bit icy on the trail going to the upper lot, be careful. Noticed the parking lot expansion today of the main lot, Nice. The trail starts improving just past the 11 km mark, from there it is good. Please try not to spin going around the corners on the bottom few km of trail, its getting down to the ice.

So in blackwater today the snow has consolidated and it was roughly 1-1/2' deep of fresh with an average 5' base. ( I dug a pit and probed ) The rocks are just about covered. The creek is still visible in areas and the snow breaks out in some places exposing the creek bed. The snow ranged from 1-1/2' to 4' deep today. Unless Im stupid, I got off my sled and sunk to my waste, there was alot of people in there playing that would not argue this at all. We then went over top to the anthills where not many people have been in this year. The snow on the South mountains was sparse, but the snow in the valleys and around the creek was 2 - 4' deep. And that is no BS either. You can go look at my trenches if you wish. Most of the rocks and hazards were covered and we were able to play hard all day without any incidents. On the upper area's the rocks are still exposed so this needs another 4' minimal new from last year at this time. Although we had a great day, and I think every one else that was in these area's did. Pics will be up tomorrow, Im still reading Photo shop for Dummies.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanx for the updates, i sure wish i was a young guy again. Posting at 4am then going to ride the next morning ;)

If you are going to photoshop pics, please add something entertaining, Santa or the easter bunny:eek:

Last edited:

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pic 1 measurement in meadow approx 3 ft
Dec 30 2010 116.jpg
Pic 2 different area approx 3 ft
Dec 30 2010 115.jpg
pic 3 stuck nytro = price of robaxcet shares going up
Dec 30 2010 119.jpg
Pic 4 Doug cresting hill right into tress and wondering who put them there trees there
Dec 30 2010 125.jpg
Spence uncovering rocks prior to roll
Dec 30 2010 126.jpg
In the meadows up and around cabin at around a meter of snow in blackwater measured anywhere from a 1 and a half feet to 4 to 5 feet it is settling nicely still low compared to the last few years decent riding in around the trees still have to watch for hidden gems thou. Had a good time even with the damage from not using that thing mounted 3 ft above the ass.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Thanks Dan. That sounded a lot more honest than the last guys bs. And your pics were clearly not photo shopped.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Allright, if no one else will do it I will, I call BS. Old video , photoshop whatever it is ,Watch the video, there's a shot of the cabin deck and the snow is still below the deck, epic snow eh, can't imagine what you'll have to say when the snow actually does finally show up. Other than the fact it's snowing in the video and pics the conditions don't look a whole lot better than they were 3 weeks ago. No good pics to back up the claims, guessing we'll have to wait for a no BS report from Treemongrol to get the facts. Here's to hoping they have gotten some snow.

Thanks Dan. That sounded a lot more honest than the last guys bs. And your pics were clearly not photo shopped.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Wish I had a cool toque!!!

no BS just had to look in the right places.

Last edited:

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I wonder why I bothered posting my pics when I get someone calling me out on them and my opinion. I know the area's in McBride very well. I generally know where the good snow is, even when there is concrete around the cabin. I have always ventured all over to find the powder and good area's, and learned where they are. Alot of the pics taken were quite close to the cabin. The others were on the way to blackwater and in blackwater. The first day it snows the snow is much deeper, then over night it consolidates and yes does go down about 30%. I will post the new video's from the next 2 days here, first I need to download them to my computer. And using windows movie maker throw together a quick movie. Sorry the quality is not great its just a digital camera. Maybe later in the season I'll grab a video camera. I'll have to also purchase Photoshop so I can modify my pictures to make you think that they are better than they are.:rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the pics and all, just having a hard time with the "epic" portion of the comments. If below, and I mean way below, average conditions is epic to you, well I'm happy it takes so little to impress you. Me on the other hand, knowing Mcbride the way I do, and knowing that there's not enough snow to get into my favourite areas yet, and confirmed by treemongrol, as he tried on tuesday to get into one of them, wouldn't even consider the word "epic " until about another 4-5 feet were to fall and then there was some blue sky days to play in it. I'm sure you guys have had some fun filled days, just as I did 3 weeks ago, but come on, be real, "epic", far from it.....

And if I'm calling anyone out, it's mother nature and the clown who controls winter........ when the f#@ are you going to show up in Mcbride!!!!!!!!

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
Had a great time sledding in Mcbride. Thanks to Barry and Judy for there hospitality. My shoulder is healing.
I hope everyone enjoyed the video that I was staring in. I believe I had too much snow on my windshield blocking my view.....:d
Cheers to all of the people I rode with and was BS ing with at the Grizz.:beer:
Great snow for 3 days.

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
Hand was from the "tree". The shoulder was from nytro stuck and playing too hard.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like you guys had a great time,cant wait too head back there for a couple days real soon,thanks for the pics and the updates guys!
Correct me but thats the reason this site was started!
catmando!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Here are some Real Pictures. And no one but us were in the Blackwater for 3 days. The first day we were in there it was coming over the bars and deep. And on the fourth day the snow had stopped and had settled at least a foot. Yes the snow is alot less than previous years and there are alot of hazards. But we were not hi-marking we were playing on the hills and in the trees. And as far as I see it when your riding and not hitting rocks and the snow is coming over the windshield all day with endless fresh powder that by 3:30 your out of fuel that is what sledding is all about. The first day we rode in the blackwater it was coming down heavy so we played in the meadows for a while, on the other side of the creek. You got off your sled and you were armpit deep, That is EPIC. When you can spin donuts in the snow and your helmet fills up with snow as your doing so, and your jumping in fresh pillow snow that is EPIC. Sorry Im not much of a big climber, being in an avalanche changes my riding quite a bit. But im surprised how much the snow does consolidate over night. It will pack down. Most of the rocks are now just covered by the consolidated snow, which is good. Now they could use another 2' on top and the only rocks that will be showing is the larger ones. The trail from start to 7 km does need snow. They have forecasted snow so that will be good.

The following pictures are from our Renshaw trip on Tuesday.

Attachments

• IMGP2579.JPG
    IMGP2579.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 409
  • IMGP2578.JPG
    IMGP2578.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 405
  • IMGP2576.JPG
    IMGP2576.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 410
  • IMGP2574.JPG
    IMGP2574.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 404
  • IMGP2571.JPG
    IMGP2571.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 409
  • IMGP2589.JPG
    IMGP2589.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 404
  • IMGP2597.JPG
    IMGP2597.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 418

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Here are some more pictures from Wednesday.

I'll have a video up shortly.

Attachments

• IMGP2598.JPG
    IMGP2598.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 417
  • IMGP2599.JPG
    IMGP2599.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 432
  • IMGP2600.JPG
    IMGP2600.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 421
  • IMGP2602.JPG