Dead sled??

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went riding yesterday, it was extremely deep and the throttle was to the bars 99% of the time.
After a couple hrs the sled started to bog, I assumed it was having trouble breathing being so buried all day as well as running really hot ( we were letting our sleds cool down every 10-15 mins ) After letting it cool down i went to start again and the sled went into limp mode and the check engine light flashed steady. After my buddies made some nice uptrails for me I managed to barely get it out of the heli zone and back on the the trail ( 1000$ not spent phew! ) Limped it back towards the truck 18km or so stopping along the way, same issue on start up every time. Except the last stop 3km from the bottom on startup it acted normal check engine light was not flashing and not in limp mode.
After letting it thaw out in a buddies shop today i went to grab it and it would only start with throttle and would die if you weren't giving her gas. No check engine light flashing.

I'm stumped, any ideas??????????

oh ya 2010 800 dragon almost forgot

dzignr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crowsnow.org
Might be electrical short with the engine being so wet from all the pow. Use a can of air to blow any moisture from any connectors and if you find any moisture, try applying some wd-40 to any that are wet as well as tighten up the connection.

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya went through electrical connections and applied dielectric grease to them before trying to fire up last night. Thought that might be it too, there was a tonne of moisture under the hood. Going to get Frog skinz for my hood vents to try to keep more snow out.

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like too me the same thing that happened to my 09... when i was in deep pow last spring.... i think you injusted water in the air intake and have scored a piston.... pull a plug and see.. if it is bright grey and has metal flakes you got issues... or pull your exhaust valves and look at pistons you can see if they are scored... hope this helps..

Top Bottom