Dead Commander xt 1000

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I got the call half the engine is BLOWN UP but its not covered under warrany. Oil was dirty not milky. It has 25 hrs on IT!!! It went for a big whopping total of 7 yes 7 rides and we get a BILL for in the 200s to start. Brooks dealer says BRP wants more info guess who gets the BILL me!!! It seems that it was not meant for trail rides. At a cost of 3471.43 plus gas plus insurance plus reses.. Need help on what to do??? I was getting suggestions on what to check but now WHAT?? any suggestions pls
icon8.gif

MrHankey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I got the call half the engine is BLOWN UP but its not covered under warrany. Oil was dirty not milky. It has 25 hrs on IT!!! It went for a big whopping total of 7 yes 7 rides and we get a BILL for in the 200s to start. Brooks dealer says BRP wants more info guess who gets the BILL me!!! It seems that it was not meant for trail rides. At a cost of 3471.43 plus gas plus insurance plus reses.. Need help on what to do??? I was getting suggestions on what to check but now WHAT?? any suggestions pls
icon8.gif
[/

Dirty oil? That's not good ,did you see this for yourself?or is that what the dealer told you?

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How could the oil be that dirty in
25 hrs unless it was swamped or put together wrong from factory?

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes sounds like a cover up to us as well, pull almost 2l in it and nothing was showing on the display that can am is so proud of. Thought thats why it would not run. Pls keep the info and where can am plans to show off its New stuff so i can be there as a party favorite

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 3yr old is nav and the 6yr old is pedel girl and no they don t like getting dirty. So no to being swamped. Its way to heavy and sinks quick.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you on man, slow down and type clearly if you expect any kind of logical response. But the way our commander at its first service the oil was spotless. Kind of sounds to me like she got dusted.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the air fliter come loose and let in dirt,did you swamp it? iS IT UNDER THE 6 MONTHS factory warranty and do you have BEST extended warranty?If its out of warranty your prob on your own if under warranty then the problem is your dealer.I had a valve guide drop on my 11 800 and it wasw covered

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something's wrong for sure, I have almost 3000km on my Can-Am 800 and the oil stays clean between changes. It's normally so clean I often wonder why I'm changing it so soon.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like it got dusted too. Maybe an intake pipe connection post filter came off or a failed or improperly installed air filter.
Did you do any oil/filter changes yourself?

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run K&N air filters and I still have NO idea why it was so low on oil. It had no blue smoke or nothing. What does dusted mean?

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run K&N air filters and I still have NO idea why it was so low on oil. It had no blue smoke or nothing. What does dusted mean?

It means that un-filtered air got into the engine somehow. Either by way on an improperly fitted air filter, a hole in the filter or piping, or an un-sealed or open connection between the airbox and the engine.

GATOR500HO

Reaction score
CAN'ED HAM IS KNOWN FOR THAT EXCUSE, IT HAPPENED TO A FRIEND OF MINE WITH A NEW 800 2yrs AGO.... SOLD IT AND WENT BACK TO POLARIS 850. GOOD LUCK........

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I went and picked it up the commander from the< dealer> in Brooks. How do I put this nicely?? One of the owners towed me to the loading ramp and THAT was the last we saw of ANY STAFF. Ever try and winch a sxs up a ramp to load on a DECK ALONE! Well I did have a happy 6yr old wanting to help but no to me that would have been TOO dangerous. I really learned a lot about this dealer and its OWNERS ..... Sorry been a very long day answer questions tomorrow. Thanks for the helP & INFO

Top Bottom