Dead Commander xt 1000

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Take it out to the reserve... I heard they have excellent mechanics there that will do the job CHEAP. May have to leave it on a trailer with a note attached for a couple days but they will get around to it sooner or later.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ran a kn dusted my motor the problem with the filter is they are not made for extreme dusty conditions the prefilter plugs and the dirty oil on the filter gets pulled into the engine changed mine to stock filter with prefilter and a prefilter on my snorkel cleaned the intake before our last ride we ran over 200 klm in the crowsnest very dusty got home pulled the filter and checked the intake clean. now going to up grade my motor this winter 2 ways high compression pistons or a 820 trinity top end

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it was close to 2 litres to top up. Shouldn t the display tell u that its low.

..Stiffler..

Reaction score
drain the oil and put new oil and then call a different dealer. anytime I bring a machine to the dealer it is very important to check your fluids first and if you see anything wrong change them, even with cheap oil.
but call a different dealer and ask them what they think, alot of people have swamped a machine, blown a motor and still got it covered under warranty because of the dealer.

and if you cant get it done then I have another great solution. call this guy Rene1 Performance (Amos) at 1-780-978-2434 and talk to him about your motor. I know he has done alot of motors for people and at a fraction of the price. also do a big bore motor like an 1108cc or something.

you can probably do a big bore with fuel programming and full exhaust with clutches and all tuned for less than just a new motor from the dealer. and he is by far the best with can-am that I have seen.

good luck bro

Stiff

PS K&N Filters are AWESOME but they need a prefilter or a foam surround like a stock outlander or renegade have over them. with out that garbage...just my experience

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are having a tough time getting around error codes and limp mode with big bore kits and turbos on the commander engines. the thing to do (if a guy was rich) would be to buy a complete engine and computer from a 1000 outlander or renegade. they have a throttle cable....sky's the limit

Top Bottom