CWB welding test?

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of getting my CWB ticket here soon. Just wondering what kind of welds they want you to do and that stuff, I know you need to do flat, horz, up hand and overhead positions, but is the metal cut to 90 degrees or is it all beveled or what? And is there any book work?

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry, thought you were trying to keep the CWB (Canadian Wheat Board) together.....

The door was left wide open.....

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
depends if you want to get certified for fillet welds or groove welds, fillet cert is straight forward, 2 pieces of 6" flat bar welded in a tee joint in the 4 positions, groove welds are 6x3x3/8 plates, one edge is straight cut the other is 60 degrees, welded with a 2x1/4 backing plate, flat, vert, and overhead use a 1/2" gap, the horizontal uses a 5/16" gap, no book work involved

Last edited:

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What does it cost to do the the fillet certification?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tee plates are for flux core, and the grooves are for stick. On the groove make sure your slag is cleaned out good!

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is a cwb test for every postion and every process.... most companys will pay for you to be certified but there are some that want you to have it first, i think it is just a money grabber either you know how to weld properly or you don't....

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tee plates are for flux core, and the grooves are for stick. On the groove make sure your slag is cleaned out good!

Those are the required test plates. Any process can be used. Not process specific

Top Bottom