CV Joint Slidding Out

b.kosty

Reaction score
Hey guys. I replaced the CV joint cause it had a hairline crack in it from the 30"'s spinning in mud, anyways after i replaced it it ran good for 2 rides. So i go to check it after this onee and i lost grease again and now my left joint is out farther then the other,, any tips?

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check to make sure the axle that you replaced is in all the way as sometimes the axle will pop out, it is held in by a c clip and if not pushed in all the way, it can come out..

Terry

b.kosty

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks fvor the help. i took it apart and tried pushing it in and it did go in but still dont look right. On the end of the joint that slides into the rear diff there is a groove which looks like a c-clip should be in there but there aint.. Part M on this diagram is what im talking about 2009 Yamaha GRIZZLY 700 FI 4WD (Pastel Dark Green) - YFM7FGYGR OEM Parts, 2009 Yamaha GRIZZLY 700 FI 4WD (Pastel Dark Green) - YFM7FGYGR OEM Motorcycle Parts - BikeBandit.com

Now if that is it, does that mean that c-clip fell off into the diff when i pulled it the first time and if i go to replace it, does that mean the have to spilt the diff to put the c-clip on the joint,,just dosent make sense,, id appreciate any help alot

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
might have fallen on the floor too...... if u look inside towards the other end of the other axle can it go inside?

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
not the axle c clip tho...... not that i have ever got anyways

Oh yes u get the axle c clip. Well i guess for suzook u do. Did u pull ur diff apart to find the missing clip? Those little clips r hard to get off, and install without bendin the heck out of them. I replace them every time, mite as well do it because ur already in there.

I've done kawi boot kits, the clips r in there, unless u used a jobber kit, but who knows maybe sum kawi parts packers forgot the clip in ur kit.

Top Bottom