custom mountain twin 174's

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments, it does sidehill easy and yes I rode it for 4 days with the inside paddles lined up and 6 days with them staggered the later being much improved.Got one day with soft snow with no base and comparing the shallow trench of TTT to that of conventional sleds,the difference was huge.This is my first liquid sled have been running custom Indy Lites with forward rolled chaincase and full mod 488 Fancooled engines.And the Prairie Farm Report has been here not for TTT but for Farm equip. I have built. Have a MERRY XMAS!

Have a safe winter!

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I farm at Westlock Alberta ride custom built TUNDRA 2-174's x 10" x 2.5 flippers with 800 rotax mounted on the tunnel above the tracks.Ride in Valemont & Blue River.

I’m posting some pictures on a deep snow mountain machine I built and designed over the last two years. My goal was to build a machine with deep snow crawl ability in trees and with a larger footprint, but with keeping the machine as short as possible, shorter than a 151 summit rev, it weighs 550 wet , the tank 5 ½ gal. 800 HO rotax,TRA, TEAM sec., 06 arctic cat wide track chain case, jackshaft & axle, Polaris 166 rails, Yamaha running board heat exchangers, ‘06 ski-doo tundra A arms, hood & panels . Pipe was built by Neil’s Power Pipes in Edmonton, Alta., 174 x 15x 2.5 tracks with consecutive serial # from Tracks Canada after cutting they are 10” wide. The tracks miss the skis by 1/2” giving the machine an overall length 122”. The machine turns on a dime and is very easy to side hill and it will go straight up as well! I will be building the rear engine panels this month after 800 hours and lots of head scratching, got 10 days on it in BC interior last winter. The pictures are as the project progressed. I’d like to thank all the people who had any input in this project, whether it is big or small.

Nice to see you on the site....good to see you at the sled weight in and hopefully we can get together with the bee boys and maybe darryl and hit a hill in january... off to blue river tomorrow so ill have a snow report. See ya soon....Mark.

1968chevy

Reaction score
My hats off to you!! That is an amazing amount of work, until a person does work like that engineering your own parts and design no one knows what it is like. Its people like yourself thinking way out of the box for new ideas! :canadaflag:

BUBBA JIM

Reaction score
Awesome sled ! Excellent engineering ! U are the man! Great trapping sled for me! How many dollars for u to build me one?? Thanks bubba jim:)

tom29

Reaction score
looks sick!!
now... throw in a big twin cat motor with the bottle to turn that massive track!!!!!

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amazing machine. how much time do you think it would take to do it again now that all the design work is done. I bet you would have more than one customer on this website for a sled like that.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments, it does sidehill easy and yes I rode it for 4 days with the inside paddles lined up and 6 days with them staggered the later being much improved.Got one day with soft snow with no base and comparing the shallow trench of TTT to that of conventional sleds,the difference was huge.This is my first liquid sled have been running custom Indy Lites with forward rolled chaincase and full mod 488 Fancooled engines.And the Prairie Farm Report has been here not for TTT but for Farm equip. I have built. Have a MERRY XMAS!

Have a safe winter!

Lets see the pic's of the farm equipment you built. Very interested. Very cool.

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok maybe I'm a bit ignorant...what's with the cutting of the track? How do you adjust the tracks if they're out of aligment?
It certainly is one "spanky looking ryde" Post some video if you get a chance.

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In response to Stuckenough ,the tracks came off the same production run at camoplast with consective ser.#,thanks to Curtis at TRACKS CANADA.It works the same as a matched set of V belts that is how they can be tightened with on one common axle.As far as the cutting I wanted a 20x174 but they don't build it so that is where the 2 - 10" tracks came from and ALL those IDLERS in the skid . If I could use one track I could run 8 idlers rather than 30!

Have a safe WINTER!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lets see the pic's of the farm equipment you built. Very interested. Very cool.

Unreal. What a great job you did.

I have been watching the Pairie Farm Report since the begining of time.
I think that all of us would like to see what else you have done.

Once again....Hat's off to you.

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do not have very good pictures on SD or Disc of the farm equipment I designed and built.Prairie Farm Report featured a 13x60 SP grain auger with moveable operators platform can lift operator up 12 feet and carry on all functions in any position, can fill a super B in 14 minutes.Second was a SP ladder for in the yard which hyd. teloscopes from 20 to 36 feet in height and hyd. tilts down to a overall height of 11 feet.Third was a 1990 Autocar Tandem/Tandem body job grain truck with a 28' box and 45 ton hoist.

As of building another TTT it would definately go quicker the second time but don't know if many riders would be interested in that type of deep snow machine.I have 16000 into this one with no labour and not including all the head scratching.Most of all the work is done, just some tuning to do and learn how to ride BIGFOOT is really quite different to ride with all that traction.

I will post some pictures of the 2 previous Custom Mountain Sleds I've built when I find all the pictures.They are Indy Lites the later one has a forward rolled chaincase.

Have a safe WINTER!

MADPOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Farmers eh, we have to be good at it all, or you'd go broke as a farmer..."my opinion"...that is one awesome creation, you know your ---- let me tell ya, hats off to you!!! AWESOME WORK! :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom