Coyote Calls

PEAK SEEKER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well out on our farm we have a few too many coyotes. So I've decided to take action. But I was wondering what people thought was the best way to draw in some of them pesky dogs.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have a bounty on them in the county of parkland area, i thought i read $20 for 4 paws. We have a farm out in Parlkand and our neighbor (my cousin) has lost a couple baby calves due to these pr!cks already.

Last edited by a moderator:

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IDK about the coyote maybe food....but I just watched ur sig vid and all I gotta say "OUCH" man some of those look painful...deadly....and the kid that goes under the bus:nono: wow man just WOW

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you've gotta set out some baby calves.

Worked for Showtime's neighbour. Just sayin..... :d :d

Throttle*Queen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get an electronic squeeling rabbit that flails around, they come running and you just sit and wait. My brother in law loves his rabbit! lol You can get a handheld rabbit call too and you sound like a rabbit in distress. Both work well!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Leave your pet poodle outside, brother just about lost a little dog last week at the farm, would have if it were not for a larger dog stepping in.
Coyotes came right into the front yard (at dusk) to get the dog.

birdman1

Reaction score
The electronic calls work well for calling them in. They make hand calls too that work awesome once you get the hang of it. Any gun/hunting store will have the calls for sale.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we used to have lots. but now i think we had some wolves move in. don't even here them howlin anymore. we have one yote still hangin around but he prety much keeps quite and to himself. dont see him very often.

birdman1

Reaction score
If you are calling them, there are a lot of tricks to make coyotes come in. Right after the crops come off is one of the easiest times to call, but there are different tricks for every season. I could ramble for a long time about this, but if you're interested in knowing more, let me know

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hand pump works great.
work it pretty good to start and then back off for a bit.
Sounds almost like a baby crying.
Have had them come in to 20 yards and let a buddy shoot because I couldn't move without them seeing me.
If you get in an area where there is a lot of yelping back, you may not have success. A coyote knows exactly how far he can run and then have to fight for the food. Too many coming in and they will sometimes all back off.
Find a field where you can sit on a bluff, or edge of a road, preferably no more than 100yds away from the bush.
Nothing more freaky than looking at one spot you swear they will come out from and then turning your head and see one starring at you from 50 yds away.
Happy huntin

Last edited:

PEAK SEEKER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just went to wholesale sports and got the kind that you just blow into. Hopefully it works. I feel like shooting something.

PEAK SEEKER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I didn't think of this before. But I live in the shotgun zone. Does anyone know if it's ok to shoot coyotes with a rifle?

Top Bottom