Couple of new sleds

tapex

Reaction score
so whats the virdict on the 174 and the 3"

The one thats done has the 2 1/2, as you are aware IT ROCKS! Can't imagine what that 3" is going to be like! Unfortunately still waiting on the tunnel to get finished (had the wrong end cap on it:(). Was talking to a guy who has ran one and he said its like the difference from 162 - 174 all over again:eek:.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TAPEX you gotta let me try that bad boy out!!! that is soooo sick! I think next year I might start a new build. I'll have to see how yours works. just wanna get the 174 on mine then its officially a done sled.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am confused about these Yamahas. Does owing one mean that you buy it and then tear it down to nothing and then buy a crap load of non OEM parts and rebuild it without even taking it outside? Why even call it a yamaha? The plastic is yamaha but not much else!

Thank god I buy sleds that I can ride the day it gets picked up from the dealer without spending 2x the original price to make it work.

I also will no longer laugh at the guys who hang metal bull nuts on their trailer hitches. It only cost them $25 to make their trucks macho, unlike yamaha.

Did you know that Yamaha is japanese for "CHUMP"

DUDE!!! get a life!!! these sleds are the craziest thing you'll ever put between your legs! Theres somethin to be said for climbing a mountain at 100 mile an hour! its all about the adrenaline rush!

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Time to start re-assembling now that the tunnel finally showed for the other sled

3mod003.jpg

Takes a bit of work to get clearance for a 3" plus the cooler has to be modded.

3mod002.jpg

3mod001.jpg

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seriously??!!! you showed little to no respect to SLY and his boys for the machines they build, basically saying the Yami,s are a pile of crap until you tear them down and rebuild it. what kind of respect was that you showed to them? they have the time , money , and knowledge to build the sleds they do. sleds most of us cannot afford.

i would never build one simply cause i cant outride my stock 800 yet, so a turbo would be " too much" for me. i guess i should drop the bomb on those who can though :rolleyes:

did you really expect to make that kind of comment and not get put into the crosshairs for it?

as for a loss of respect for maxwell?... i never met the guy but it sure seems from damn near every post he throws up here hes a man with knowledge about a lot of things within our sports industry. have not met the man but do hold a level of respect for him. i do believe your misguided to loss respect for him in this manner as he is standing up for those who share the same passions we all do on this forum.

my .02...anyway have a great rest of your day :)

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seriously??!!! you showed little to no respect to SLY and his boys for the machines they build, basically saying the Yami,s are a pile of crap until you tear them down and rebuild it. what kind of respect was that you showed to them? they have the time , money , and knowledge to build the sleds they do. sleds most of us cannot afford.

i would never build one simply cause i cant outride my stock 800 yet, so a turbo would be " too much" for me. i guess i should drop the bomb on those who can though :rolleyes:

did you really expect to make that kind of comment and not get put into the crosshairs for it?

as for a loss of respect for maxwell?... i never met the guy but it sure seems from damn near every post he throws up here hes a man with knowledge about a lot of things within our sports industry. have not met the man but do hold a level of respect for him. i do believe your misguided to loss respect for him in this manner as he is standing up for those who share the same passions we all do on this forum.

my .02...anyway have a great rest of your day :)

CanDo.

You should relax and STFU. You almost repeated exactly what I said. They (everyone) start with a Yamaha and end up with a high performance sled after they put a ton of cash into it and then they have a sled. I never bashed SLY. So once again STFU.

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bahahaha lol nice sleds ive seen them in person. really clean builds not to many people take the time to do it right like these guys!!! :beer::d

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CanDo.

You should relax and STFU. You almost repeated exactly what I said. They (everyone) start with a Yamaha and end up with a high performance sled after they put a ton of cash into it and then they have a sled. I never bashed SLY. So once again STFU.

LMAO i love you armchair tough guys...LOL.
again...have a nice day :)

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL

you are coorrect overbore that it does take some good coin to make the nytro a wicked mountain sled. but once you do these things are animals. beyond any stock machine.

but in that respect they would never work for me or my style of riding. damn rights if i had the coin id have one sitting in my garage too. some of us just have to look at how we ride and comprimise on certain aspects if our builds or purchases.

these guys know what theyre doing and they get out riding in my area alot. these sleds they build always work and are a pleasure to watch bombing up the hills.

good work guys back on topic now :D

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Overbore, you don't even have to look on this thread, let alone post :nono: For some of us, we just don't want stock.

Top Bottom