Coolant leak by Mag side rave valve

dooin800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has any has a coolant leak from the area above the mag rave valve but once you take it to the dealer they can’t find the leak?

E7E8BEC0-D2C3-41AD-9086-309F55CA95B3.jpeg

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pull the whole rave assembly off - Change the o- ring seals - and the gasket behind the rave plate - good to go - just did one the other day - careful with those little springs behind - take the plastic little tower nubs off they get in the way - use gasket spray tack when u put the new one back in - I've already said too much I gotta stop giving out my tricks for free it's not helping me pay for fuel for the dirty banana ffs
20211123_153451.jpg

dooin800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kingcat172
I didn’t realize there was coolant running through the rave valves like that? Because it wasn’t oil that leaked it was coolant.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kingcat172
I didn’t realize there was coolant running through the rave valves like that? Because it wasn’t oil that leaked it was coolant.
I think there's little holes under the plate for the coolant jackets of the jug - I think - I'm not 100% on that- maybe I'm Wrong - I didn't really look close at that because the one I did was leaking oil - if not - then leaking head gasket - or cracked jug - put the antifreeze dye in it - fire it up - shine the led light at it with the glasses on

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no coolant in the RAVE housing, the seals shown are oil seals for the valve stems only. The coolant leak is most likely one of the many fittings, clamps or hoses on the head & weeping to the lower area.

You will probably have to start moving a few things around to see, I'm sure it will be obvious.

Top Bottom