Cool Stuff We don't Get Here In Redneck Land

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beach Corner-Just follow the tracks from the liquo
Ossa 2 stroke. Fuel injected, reverse engine, low gas tank and lots of other cool ideas and features. Look close, it's beautiful.

Attachments

• IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_0077.jpg
    IMG_0077.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 289

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been drooling over this bike since I heard of the prototype a couple years ago. They are about $15g though I believe. Can't wait to see a mainstream manufacturer release a 300 2t with direct injection!

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
...And yet more:
This doesn't even touch the huge Asian market. Whenever I go to Europe I'm always blown away by all the interesting things there.

Attachments

• IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 263

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly, why bring that junk here? The technology and equipment we have here is amazing. Easy to fix , parts available pretty much anywhere. Just my opinion

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really. Junk? Now thats a true RedNeck comment! Lol! Competition and new ideas drive the market and we benefit. The dirtbike world has been stagnant for years. They just keep spewing out new versions of the same old tech. The good news for us 2 stroke fans is There is now 9 or 10 300cc 2 strokes available, GasGas TM, Beta, Husky, KTM etc etc...Just need the D.I. now.

Mr Husaberg

Reaction score
Been drooling over this bike since I heard of the prototype a couple years ago. They are about $15g though I believe. Can't wait to see a mainstream manufacturer release a 300 2t with direct injection!

Me too. I was really hoping that husaberg would be the first. Now it looks like it may be Husky! Regardless an fi 2stk will be next bike if my 09's hold out that long.

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only way we benefit, is by supporting the small dealer who takes a chance to sell this stuff. As for factories spewing out the same old same old, I disagree fully. Things change almost every year with most Japanese made bikes. Ktm, have made vast improvements in the last 5 years.
I own a 13 Ktm 300, and have owned a dozen other bikes from from all brands. The 300 is by far the best bike I've ride to date. And that's without Di. But it would be nice to see. Any way, I couldn't let myself buy unproved, made in China products.

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's the same old tech with sugar on it. for eg. a chain and sprocket which drives a wheel thats trying to accelerate and decelerate while moving up and down, front shocks absorbing bumps, disk brakes, water cooling, a frame surrounding an engine etc...nothing new here for decades. The changes that are made are small improvements on old designs (like re-valving, diameter size, cartridge/non cartridge or bladder in the forks.) Give me an engine that is the frame, a parallel drive chain with the swingarm to relieve torque(again not a new design, ATK) or maybe a different type motor, D.I. or electric(with a better battery), or move a lot of the weight low, low, low...that alone makes the bike feel much lighter. If there weren't people trying all these new weird things, some working, some not, we'd still be riding around modified street bikes with metal fenders in the dirt still.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats gotta make some serious heat under the seat...

Looks pretty open, probably fine at speed. When you're slogging through the mud of an ugly ravine I imagine it heats up, might keep your ass dry though...

Top Bottom