Cool Guns

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup if you can get ADG or Lapua your laughin, I've had awesome luck with the Nosler 142 ABLR's out of my 6.5's, you might end up filing down your plastic x bolt mag for a touch extra length tho!
They are tight in my short action AI mags.
Had a 210g ABLR out of my .300 Ultra Mag come right apart on my bull moose last year. Never hit a rib or any bone at all and found it in the rib met on the far side. Was close range; 80ish yards. But I can say with full confidence that a TTSX would have held together and went all the way through. I'm glad he only went 25 yards, because without an exit wound there was no blood anywhere on the ground. I weighed the bullet and I believe there was only about 56g left. I've hunted with AB's for years, but we have had a couple come apart on us in the past 4 years. I have a box of 168 TTSX that I will be loading for my Ultra Mag and got a box of 127g LRX with my PRC; I think I am switching to the monolithic bullets for hunting. I'm a huge fan of bullets retaining weight and exiting.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a 210g ABLR out of my .300 Ultra Mag come right apart on my bull moose last year. Never hit a rib or any bone at all and found it in the rib met on the far side. Was close range; 80ish yards. But I can say with full confidence that a TTSX would have held together and went all the way through. I'm glad he only went 25 yards, because without an exit wound there was no blood anywhere on the ground. I weighed the bullet and I believe there was only about 56g left. I've hunted with AB's for years, but we have had a couple come apart on us in the past 4 years. I have a box of 168 TTSX that I will be loading for my Ultra Mag and got a box of 127g LRX with my PRC; I think I am switching to the monolithic bullets for hunting. I'm a huge fan of bullets retaining weight and exiting.
I have had 140ABs come apart in my 270Weatherby.
Switched to 150 Nosler Partitions this year.
They reatain weight well (not as well as a monolithic) and open at low velocity where a monolithic just punched a small hole as they don't open consistantly.
Partition will mushroom down to 1600fps
Definatly not a flashy new style bullet but coming out at 3250 from the 270 they are a solid performer out to 700 yards.
Have gone back to 270 Bee as main gun, it just works well.
Still use the 300RUM but it pre-grinds a lot of meat at close range, under 250 yards, if shot is not well placed.
For beyoud 700 yds the 300RUM is still the champ.
There are more areodynamic A Frame style bullets than the Partition, the partition just shoots very consistant out of my Bee.
Good luck on your load design.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lilduke said I need to put this in this thread.

‘Merica!

Attachments

• IMG_4795.jpeg
    IMG_4795.jpeg
    476.7 KB · Views: 111

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

In my experience the ttsx pedals come off a lot easier than the tsx. You can't beat a barnes bullet IMO. They liquify lungs, just with they produced bigger exit holes.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On PRC. Manners on the creedmoor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You should check out the precision rifle matches in the Edmonton, Calgary, and Medicine Hat areas next year. The 6 Creed would do well there.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should check out the precision rifle matches in the Edmonton, Calgary, and Medicine Hat areas next year. The 6 Creed would do well there.
Is it a series? what's it called? These events are always advertised the best.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it a series? what's it called? These events are always advertised the best.
It's true, advertisement of this kind of activity is basically nil.
Are you on Facebook? That's the only place I know of where it's possible to hear about the events.

Top Bottom