Cool Guns

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's the design of the action. Your Sig M400 is based on an AR platform where the Kodiak is not. Let me ask you this. when you refer to an AR, what does AR mean to you?
But what exactly is different? They are both semi auto gas operated black guns that look and operate almost exactly the same and use the exact same ammo. What will my gun do that that gun won’t?

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
But what exactly is different? They are both semi auto gas operated black guns that look and operate almost exactly the same and use the exact same ammo. What will my gun do that that gun won’t?

Maybe the easier access to make parts for such ways that make them phew more than stock ?

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yours is direct impingement operated, accepts an AR 15 upper or lower and is scary looking

The AR 180 and many variants has an AR 18 style operating system which is short stroke gas piston operated and does not accept AR 15 upper or lower receivers there for less scary looking.

I get your point but Canada is dumb and has stupid laws there for yours is banned and this is not

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yours is direct impingement operated, accepts an AR 15 upper or lower and is scary looking

The AR 180 and many variants has an AR 18 style operating system which is short stroke gas piston operated and does not accept AR 15 upper or lower receivers there for less scary looking.

I get your point but Canada is dumb and has stupid laws there for yours is banned and this is not
Thanks for the explanation. That’s the first time anyone has explained that to me. I’m surprised the government understood that. Lol

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation. That’s the first time anyone has explained that to me. I’m surprised the government understood that. Lol
Like mareshow explained, the actions are different, to answer your question as for what will yours do that the Kodiak won't, Nothing. they both will do the same thing. You load it with ammunition and cock the action then pull the trigger once it will fire once. Release the trigger and squeeze it again and it will fire again. It will continue to act this way until the magazine is empty or the action has a malfunction. The people in government making the decisions on which guns should be banned, dont know if their ass is punched bored or picked out by the ravens. They believe AR means Assault Rifle which have been banned in the 60's. They don't have an actual definition of what an Asault Rifle is so they paint the sporting rifles with the same same paint brush as the M16, which is a select fire version of the AR platform. And by select fire, I mean that the gun can be fired in semi auto like the AR or full auto like the M16. On the outside the M16 and the AR they both look much the same. Like the AR their are several designations for the M16 style miltary only rifle. I belive our Canadian Armed fForces call their version the C7. I could go on and on but I think you get the picture.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like mareshow explained, the actions are different, to answer your question as for what will yours do that the Kodiak won't, Nothing. they both will do the same thing. You load it with ammunition and cock the action then pull the trigger once it will fire once. Release the trigger and squeeze it again and it will fire again. It will continue to act this way until the magazine is enpty of the action has a malfunction. The people in government making the decisions on which guns should be banned, dont know if their ass is punched bored or picked out by the ravens. They believe AR means Assault Rifle which have been banned in the 60's. They don't have an actual definition of what an Asault Rifle is so the paint the sporting rifles with the same same paint brush as the M16, which is a select fire version of the AR platform. And by select fire, I mean that the gun can be fired in semi auto like the AR or full auto like the M16. On the outside the M16 and the AR they both look much the same. Like the AR their are several designations for the M16 style miltary only rifle. I belive our Canadian Armed fForces call theitr version the C7. I could go on and on but I think you get the picture.
Oh I’m well aware of most of that. Just never had anyone explain to me the exact differences between both guns actions. Thanks!

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
45d0980c61db04ed828393bb338ffce4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I went and looked at a couple HMR 17’s
Crazy pricing since 2 years ago

Top Bottom