Cool Guns

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457885596.383922.jpg

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yuppers, they have just started showing up last fall and this winter. Canadian Tire usually has the Hornady rounds in both 20 and 25 grain.

Works well on coyotes too.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Finally met up with a coyote today at 150 yds - good shoulder shot an he dropped in his tracks, twitched a bit but that's it. No attempt to get up.
Saw total of six coyotes out at the neighbors today - gonna have to clean a few more up real quick - fawns in about four weeks out there.

Set up some ladders and cleared some shooting lanes at my uncles for elk next year - lots of wolves taken out of the area this year and still supposed to be quit a few around.
Hmmmm, 270 Bee for the wolves, no .17 or .223 for them.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally met up with a coyote today at 150 yds - good shoulder shot an he dropped in his tracks, twitched a bit but that's it. No attempt to get up.
Saw total of six coyotes out at the neighbors today - gonna have to clean a few more up real quick - fawns in about four weeks out there.

Set up some ladders and cleared some shooting lanes at my uncles for elk next year - lots of wolves taken out of the area this year and still supposed to be quit a few around.
Hmmmm, 270 Bee for the wolves, no .17 or .223 for them.

.243 minimum for wolves

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Almost bought a mossberg MVP LC in .223 at cabelas, guy was going to give me $200 off the gun, and $100 off the scope, $1,500 for a gun is still hard to swallow, i chickened out and am kicking myself for not picking it up now. Oh well live and learn.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Almost bought a mossberg MVP LC in .223 at cabelas, guy was going to give me $200 off the gun, and $100 off the scope, $1,500 for a gun is still hard to swallow, i chickened out and am kicking myself for not picking it up now. Oh well live and learn.

I have the MVP Varmit 5.56 with bipod and 4-16 X 50 scope. Excellent shooter but the scope is a POS Barska that came with gun. Holds zero very well but is not clear at all for a varmit scope but usable.
Now the LC is clearly a level up on looks and accessories but I got my MVP a couple years back on sale for $675 at P&D.
Fun gun to shoot with a good palm swell laminated stock. The "AR Compatable clips" are a joke in Canada pinned at 5 and hamper shooting off anything other than a bipod with the bogus clip hanging down. A flush clip would be so much better for your 5rounds.
MVP - not to flashy but a dam good shooter and cheap.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was at the sportsman and Gun Show In Bonnyville yesterday. Lady there said that 22 rimfire is hard to come by. I haven't fired my guns in quite some time and out of the loop as far s shooting goes. Does anyone know if this is true and what the story is.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was at the sportsman and Gun Show In Bonnyville yesterday. Lady there said that 22 rimfire is hard to come by. I haven't fired my guns in quite some time and out of the loop as far s shooting goes. Does anyone know if this is true and what the story is.

Ya rim fire is hard to get, would imagine most places out of stock soon, last year was a limit on how many you could buy. Not sure why

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I have the MVP Varmit 5.56 with bipod and 4-16 X 50 scope. Excellent shooter but the scope is a POS Barska that came with gun. Holds zero very well but is not clear at all for a varmit scope but usable.
Now the LC is clearly a level up on looks and accessories but I got my MVP a couple years back on sale for $675 at P&D.
Fun gun to shoot with a good palm swell laminated stock. The "AR Compatable clips" are a joke in Canada pinned at 5 and hamper shooting off anything other than a bipod with the bogus clip hanging down. A flush clip would be so much better for your 5rounds.
MVP - not to flashy but a dam good shooter and cheap.

The MVP LC would be for coyotes, gophers, magpies(lol), and anything else that's a pest. I liked it because it was a short barrel, had an adjustable stock for my long arms, a pistol grip, detachable magazine, and a bipod. It was a decent amount lighter then the other MVP, That one had a laminated stock, bipod scope, and the standard detachable magazine.

Does your MVP have the mossberg equivalent of the savage accutrigger? I shot one last week with it and I enjoyed that trigger.

any problems with your gun since you owned it?

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there have the pleasure to shoot a Desert Eagle .50? Wouldn't mind one, but afraid I wouldn't like it.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there have the pleasure to shoot a Desert Eagle .50? Wouldn't mind one, but afraid I wouldn't like it.

what's not to like. I've fired the Dessert Eagle in 44 Mag. Big chuck of Iron. Kinda like holding a Hilti Gun.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More worried that I would get tired of the kick from the .50

I'm not sure how bad a 50 would recoil but the 44 mag is about the same as my 357 Mag Model 586 The Dessert eagle is a heavy gun I would say that you would get tired of the weight before you get tired of the recoil

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks.
I'm not sure how bad a 50 would recoil but the 44 mag is about the same as my 357 Mag Model 586 The Dessert eagle is a heavy gun I would say that you would get tired of the weight before you get tired of the recoil

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The MVP LC would be for coyotes, gophers, magpies(lol), and anything else that's a pest. I liked it because it was a short barrel, had an adjustable stock for my long arms, a pistol grip, detachable magazine, and a bipod. It was a decent amount lighter then the other MVP, That one had a laminated stock, bipod scope, and the standard detachable magazine.

Does your MVP have the mossberg equivalent of the savage accutrigger? I shot one last week with it and I enjoyed that trigger.

any problems with your gun since you owned it?

Yes the MVP has the savage style trigger. I have mine set at 2.5# and i think it will adjust from 2#-5# pull.
I would buy the bare gun and get a better class scope.
Two problems with the gun.
1) Very poor feeding, not smooth at all. After about 400 rounds I took a round chainsaw file and "rounded" all the of the clip edges on top that were showing contact wear (was not shy on amount of material removed) and then fininshed with a 150 grit emery cloth to smooth off filing. 100% fixed the feeding problem.
2) This is the costly problem. Gun is so much fun to shoot you will find yourself going through a lot of ammo!!! lol But....junk cheapo ammo gives crappy groups such as FMJ American Eagle(3"groups). I use Winchester 45gr hollow points and its is then a 1" gun for sure. I believe it is rated for about .68" in some articles but not in my hands.
I think they are still around $600 without a scope.
Mid bull barrel fluted - 8# ish with scope so not a lightweight but on the bipod shooting gophers or yotes who cares!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's just hard to swallow $1,200 for a gun.

My 270 Wetherby Terramark with some custom work on the Leupold was $5200ish with three boxes of the cheaper spitzers.
$100 a box for accubond 140gr and $120 a box for 140gr barnes - and my daughter uses it more than me.

When I was done with my Sendaro 300 ultra mag it was $3500+, but that one is all mine!
Cheap shells - $75 a box.

Guns will depart you from large chunks of cash some times.
Get the cheaper MVP Varmit and have just as much fun.
Anything decent with a good scope will start at about $1k in center fire.

Top Bottom