conditions in quartz

DIRT LUMP

Reaction score
has any one been out to quartz lately,just wondering if theres any fresh snow or if its like concrete,lookin to ride friday.:rolleyes:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has any one been out to quartz lately,just wondering if theres any fresh snow or if its like concrete,lookin to ride friday.:rolleyes:

I would plan for concrete at the bottom for sure, possible there might be some newer stuff at the very top, can't really say. Last year there was 6" of fresh stuff at the end of April.

DIRT LUMP

Reaction score
with the storm movin through I would think there would be fresh up in those parts.anyways thanx for info bud:)

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like there was some new snow (maybe 4"?) at the bottom, with the possibility of up to 12" up top. Regardless of the storm coming in, depending on where the freezing level is that is where the snow will be. Environment Canada had the freezing level up to about 2200 m last time I checked but don't know where it is now, but if it's that high then only the top of Quartz will have recieved snow.

I have seen a foot of fresh stuff there mid-May, also seen it hard as a rock.

Any day sledding is a good day though, just go! you'll have fun, quartz is always fun in the spring - lots of spots to catch some nice air off.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah word is there's new up top but Vary hard under a foot or two just depends,pockets here and there....i think it would be worth a trip DIRT LUMP..plus you never been and its easy to get around and some great heli terrain open for U.....I'd BRAA'AAPif I could:d:beer:

Top Bottom