conditions in crowsnest

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so with the latest snow are all hidden rocks covered well enought that your hit nothing, seen a few carnages a few weeks ago at the shop and dont want to be a statistic

still got to watch it out there yet fred like some ppl said creeks are still open and still sum rocks on the pipe line showing.....

stams

Reaction score
still got to watch it out there yet fred like some ppl said creeks are still open and still sum rocks on the pipe line showing.....

Just got back from riding fernie this weekend and the snow behind the new cabin was awsome , 3ft of powder still have to watch out for the odd stump. Never saw so many sleds stuck on sunday behind new cabin. Went up to the right side of notch on saturday and the snow was unbelievable deep and had a great day. The coal creek raod was being groomed on sunday and also this up coming week.

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so with the latest snow are all hidden rocks covered well enought that your hit nothing, seen a few carnages a few weeks ago at the shop and dont want to be a statistic

IMG-20121222-00054.jpg

LOOK WHAT I FOUND......last thursday....couple bombs......one got me........but now I get to upgrade....lol

monsterxlr8

Reaction score
Any news on current conditions out there headed out there next week. Looking for some fist hand knowledge of the area. Thanks

monsterxlr8

Reaction score
Heading out where exactly as the conditions vary throughout the region.

This is the first trip I am making. Just getting into the whole mountain riding scene. I think that we will be heading to the Nelson area. ut I dont know what areas we will be exploring, i am going with a group of experienced riders that know the area quite well.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
This is the first trip I am making. Just getting into the whole mountain riding scene. I think that we will be heading to the Nelson area. ut I dont know what areas we will be exploring, i am going with a group of experienced riders that know the area quite well.

According to Willy, Nelson has the best snow and it is right out his back yard..........:hmm:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
snow is ok gets better further west you go and definately thin in the SE parts of the riding but for the most pretty really good.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any update on riding conditions at York and Atlas?

Atlas good by Window, stay on the east side of the ridges as they got a lot of windblown deposits, north is better than south side for sure, otherwise head to Revy if you want deep deep stuff.

speedy740

Reaction score
Atlas good by Window, stay on the east side of the ridges as they got a lot of windblown deposits, north is better than south side for sure, otherwise head to Revy if you want deep deep stuff.

Yeah just got back from there, it was stupid awesome!

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know the BC side is really set up so I can only imagine what the alberta side is like. I would not go expecting stellar snow. It will probably be warm, sunny, and hardpacked snow.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It depends on what you are looking for!

The snow is crusty hard in the morning and soft and slushy or maybe even sticky in the afternoon. It is go pretty much wherever you want snow. The lower trail has dirt starting to show through.

I will go quite a few times more just to enjoy the sunshine, the scenery, the fresh pine smells, and to doo some exploring in new areas.

Top Bottom