Computer program for GoPro HD

belch22

Reaction score
Hey guys,
What playback program are you finding works the best with the GoPro Hero HD Motorsports camera on your computers? I have tried using VLC media and the playback freezes every few seconds...anyone else have this problem?

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
What playback program are you finding works the best with the GoPro Hero HD Motorsports camera on your computers? I have tried using VLC media and the playback freezes every few seconds...anyone else have this problem?

I use Quicktime player

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use MPEG Stream clip to convert the file to an avi file then use windows movie maker, simple. MPEG Stream clip is freeware as well I believe.

Wingwalker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I use VLC media 32bit version 1.0.5 and I have no problems at all on an old windows xp machine

Quicktime works good as well

chrispy

Reaction score
u have to download a codec program on your computer to play HD video in the h.264 format, then it should play in whatever video editing software u have. I use windows live movie maker and have had some good results. If u email GOPRO they will send u the info to downlaod it..

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
VLC Media player.....free download at file hippo, absolutly problem free, no need for updating codecs, etc all the time, its automatic

Launch Helmet Cams

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Jerky play back normally points to your computer not having enough grunt to play the files (although not always).

What mode are you shooting in? Try shooting in one of the modes with a lower data rate (ie the r2 mode which is 720p at 30 frames per second) and see if that will play back smoothly. If it does, then it's probably your computer that isn't powerful enough. If you get the same result it could be a codec issue (unlikely with VLC, it should work out of the box).

belch22

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the help....

I am shooting in R4 mode most of the time, which is 960p @ 30 fps and the odd time I shoot in R5 (1080p @ 30fps)...I will try lowering the resolution and see if that works. I did get it to work on Windows media player but QuickTime seems to play the audio and the video plays back pink/green....

I guess if all else fails, Windows media player so far is the bread winner.

Jhon Tailor

Reaction score
I downloaded the but now I can't find the program on my computer. Can someone walk me through this?
And what are h.264 files?

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use windows media player too. VLC works, but glitches out if you use the slider at all. Quicktime doesn't cut it for me unless it's an MOV file like the Contour shoots in. Maybe Quicktime works better for Mac users though.

JT, did you try running a search on your hard drive for the missing program? Usually dowloads go into a default folder called downloads if you don't specify a location for them.

Top Bottom