Coal creek / fernie

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would be sweet!! I here they are staging at the new staging area that was done last year! My buddies were out there on Sunday. Nice to here there is that much snow down low!

teddybear26x

Reaction score
Was out yesterday ( tuesday nov 30th) me and a couple buddies went up to the Microwave tower. Is was awesome. From the staging area to at least the road that goes up to the microwave tower is a real kidney buster. I sure hope they get out there to groom it soon. I just got a new (to me) 2003.5 mountain cat with ha 162 on it. The suspension was great on the way out, but on the way back it was a little to rough and I lost a great deal of pressure in my shocks. I am going to take them in for a rebuild. Let the joys of been a sled owner commence.

There is some great snow up high. It is warming up here today though and all that light fluffy stuff we got in the last 36hours is now become heavy and wet. So hopefully there will be a good solid base soon.
Ride safe

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like i might have to head back home to break in the new machine!! Thanks for the info!!:d

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you meet the SnowCat, stop and say Hi......on second thought, I'll have a tow rope ready!!!!

pffft I wopuld never get so stuck that I need a snow cat to tow me out lol that was too funny

lol but my buddy would:beer: thanks again wheres that pic?

Last edited:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you meet the SnowCat, stop and say Hi......on second thought, I'll have a tow rope ready!!!!

:beer::beer: I love taking my buddies out..... cheap on fuel lol

SHAWN 107 (Medium).jpg

SHAWN 108 (Medium).jpg

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so is their still objects to be hit under the snow are are they covered by now, going that direction sunday

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kinda looks like your old sled Dinner, lol:d:d:d

lol, it is,, I had both my sleds out that day,, take note of my buddy in pic,,

not saying I dont know how to get stuck lol but that one was just silly lol,, thanks again Doug....

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so is their still objects to be hit under the snow are are they covered by now, going that direction sunday

we were out yestrerday,, pipeline up to notch,, waist deep at notch with some base,, mostly hitting lil trees,, lower and on pipeline yes still landmines waiting but if u are not greedy you are good,, burned just over a full tank and i dont think anything is bent lol..

sunday I would guess it will be riden hard so you will be searching for the fresh,, some creeks are still wet..

have fun

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we were out yestrerday,, pipeline up to notch,, waist deep at notch with some base,, mostly hitting lil trees,, lower and on pipeline yes still landmines waiting but if u are not greedy you are good,, burned just over a full tank and i dont think anything is bent lol..

sunday I would guess it will be riden hard so you will be searching for the fresh,, some creeks are still wet..

have fun

A. Photo's ? and,..
B. How was your new sled with that 2.5 ?

cat1

Reaction score
here is some pics. from Elkford, Fernie area Dec. 3&4 Fernie Dec. 3&4 006.jpg [/RIGHT][/LEFT][/CENTER] Fernie Dec. 3&4 007.jpg

Fernie Dec. 3&4 008.jpg [
ATTACH]73215[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• Fernie Dec. 3&4 001.jpg
    Fernie Dec. 3&4 001.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 399
  • Fernie Dec. 3&4 006.jpg
    Fernie Dec. 3&4 006.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 407

hosmersled

Reaction score
Looks like up by the notch ...at the end of the pipeline

Went up right of the pipeline past the double hill today ....clear skies and sunshine

Still lots of untracked areas

Tembec has gated the road at Morrissey so we went in Coal Creek

The trail has been groomed to Coal creek summit ...we cut thru the rolling hills.

Tembec is plowing the Morrissey road all the way to the pipeline so I dont think the groomer will be able to go to the cabin until they finish logging.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Looks like up by the notch ...at the end of the pipeline

Went up right of the pipeline past the double hill today ....clear skies and sunshine

Still lots of untracked areas

Tembec has gated the road at Morrissey so we went in Coal Creek

The trail has been groomed to Coal creek summit ...we cut thru the rolling hills.

Tembec is plowing the Morrissey road all the way to the pipeline so I dont think the groomer will be able to go to the cabin until they finish logging.

Yes, the Morrissey FSR is gated and it is plowed. The FSA marked a trail through the Rolling Hills today (orange ribbon) that will take you a little north of the Wrangler's Cabin. We will continue to find a trail across the McEvoy FSR to the cabin that is safe for the loggers and the sledders. We still need to do a little more flagging and that will be done. We are trying to make this trail "family friendly" but some sections are a little more difficult than others.

Please be patient as we work through the process. We want to create a trail that is friendly to sledders and safe for the loggers so that our cliental can get to the Notch.

Yes, we groomed on Friday (a packing, fill the creeks, type of run) and will be going out again during the first part of the week. Not enough snow on the lower part for the Mogul Master so once again bear with us as we progress.

A blue bird day today and there is a base; 4 machines to do the trail work and no carnage!

Attachments

• IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 346
Top Bottom