Club ride this past weekend, 3XP's broke

Dzl

Reaction score
Our sled club has it's annual ride this past weekend and being a Doo fan, I'm not going anywhere near the XP's until they make those things more durable. 3 XP's broke on our course, 2 jackshafts and 1 handlebar, leaving 3 expensive piles along the course. For the $$ Doo is raping it's canadian customers, you think they could have put some of those profits into a good product.

Another note, a fourth rider had already bought and sold his XP and was riding a 700 Dragon for the first time on our ride.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Our sled club has it's annual ride this past weekend and being a Doo fan, I'm not going anywhere near the XP's until they make those things more durable. 3 XP's broke on our course, 2 jackshafts and 1 handlebar, leaving 3 expensive piles along the course. For the $$ Doo is raping it's canadian customers, you think they could have put some of those profits into a good product.

Another note, a fourth rider had already bought and sold his XP and was riding a 700 Dragon for the first time on our ride.

:D Who would of thought that...... Thought Polaris was only one that was Junk ! :D :)

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I seen a broke down dragon this weekend in the Renshaw. A guy waited a little too long to turn out of a climb and the sled bucked him off and ghost rode down the mountain and hit a rock the size of a car at 60 mph. I couldn't believe the damage. I thought them polaris's were built a little tougher than that...:confused::D

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
:eek:Yes.... Most rocks I seen are fairly tough !! :D :).... Did it move any at all ? :D

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

jackshaft, or driveshaft? haven't heard of a jackshaft failure yet.

pounded the snot outta my XP for 4 days straight in Valemount/McBride and she never whimpered even once. there were 5 others in our group, 3-146's, 1-154, and a 163.

one of the 146's went through a batch of trees by itself after a climb gone wrong, only damage was a slightly bent upper A arm and the riders' ego. we averaged over 240 miles on each sled for the 4 days and not one of them had to be towed, or gave any hint of grief.

I am now done worrying about all the XP bashing and ominous predictions of durability I've read on the intrawebs. oh yeah, not one blown belt between 6 XP's either.

nice for those guys that their sleds laid down on them on a nice packed and accessible spot, and not 40 miles from the parking lot in some remote mountain range.

kudroc2

Reaction score
Always two sides to the story... I just bought a XP had it out in Valemount beginning of Feb, no problems so far, put on 200miles and original belt looks good still. After reading all these sites about the doom and gloom of the xp am getting a bit worried.

Hows the snow in Valemount, I heard avalanche high??

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we were there family day weekend, danger was moderate to high on tuesday when we left. weather was very warm. check in the Valemount area thread, Depsnolvr is well informed on conditions there. and also knows where to send you if you are looking for a bushing for a TRA clutch from an '01 Summit....:D

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP has had 1% of sleds with a warranty issue, which is industry standard. Internet tends to blow things up pretty big. and for all the crybabies who bellyache about doo and don't actually own one, warranty is not a recall.

Top Bottom