closest to rocky as possible....

dgsmooth

Reaction score
howdy - wondering where there is to ride close to rocky. as close as possible really, doesn't have to be good riding just somewhere where you're allowed to be..... just taking the young fellow out for first ride. thanks a lot and cheers.

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
to try something easy and safe,,,,,,,,, go west on #11 and dump the ATV anywhere along the highway,,, just stay on the right hand side where the snow would be all melted and take it easy,,,,,,,, I wouldnt get on any trail taking off of the ditch as you will hit snow and cross trails,,,, wont take long to get turned around in the bush. a second ride you could try the trails near the pine hills golf course. all within min. of rocky. have done this myself just for something to do.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
howdy - wondering where there is to ride close to rocky. as close as possible really, doesn't have to be good riding just somewhere where you're allowed to be..... just taking the young fellow out for first ride. thanks a lot and cheers.

Go across the bridge to Nordegg go up the small hill and make your first left, follow the small sandy road toward the golf course, you should find a bunch of trails in that area, will keep even a seasoned rider busy for an afternoon.
Also not really "allowed" to but everyone does it (and no-one says anything) try Diamond J pit near the Crimson lake turn off on hwy 11.
A little farther out you can ride off the oil lease roads that come off the Prentice Creek road.

dgsmooth

Reaction score
oh okay, so you can just park in the ditch then? is that allowed? i think i know that stretch as i went out to the moto-cross track last fall..... and this area towards the golf course, is that on crown land? how do you know what is crown land and what isn't? i found the pluz or fluz thing or whatever but it basically showed nowhere was allowed....i don't get it.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh okay, so you can just park in the ditch then? is that allowed? i think i know that stretch as i went out to the moto-cross track last fall..... and this area towards the golf course, is that on crown land? how do you know what is crown land and what isn't? i found the pluz or fluz thing or whatever but it basically showed nowhere was allowed....i don't get it.

I have riden in the ditch like that, but IF the rcmp want they can bust you for it (normally they never do). Not sure if the golf course area is crown land or not, but have never heard of anyone in trouble for riding the area.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes go back into the devon feilds..... like had said just up on the hill with a left..... many good trails with sand, mud and muskeg..... can ride 2 days and never take the same trail..... good for the family also...

Top Bottom