Clear fuel tank for S chassis.

Reaction score
Has anybody ever had any luck using the clear tank from an mxzx 440 on thier mod S chassis?

I noticed in the parts microfiche, (2 points for using big words lol) that the feul supply comes out in a different spot..

The mxzx race tank's port is at the top of the tank and the standard S chassis pulls from the bottom.. would this affect the way she's gonna draw feul or what gives ?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Clear feul tank for S chassis.

Has anybody ever had any luck using the clear tank from an mxzx 440 on thier mod S chassis?

I noticed in the parts microfiche, (2 points for using big words lol) that the feul supply comes out in a different spot..

The mxzx race tank's port is at the top of the tank and the standard S chassis pulls from the bottom.. would this affect the way she's gonna draw feul or what gives ?

Yes, you will have to ride your sled upside down get enough fuel to the pick-up line.

Reaction score

.... lol.... Well in that case I'll mount er upsidedown an buck a hole in the bottom to filler up... thx.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My zx Mountain Magic sled I just bought from snowman 1 has the clear tank from a s body mxzx has 2 holes on the top 1 plugged off other is the vent and the fuel supply is out near the bottom same place as a normal tank. Just have to drill a hole same size as the top and install your outlet from your old tank.

Reaction score

My zx Mountain Magic sled I just bought from snowman 1 has the clear tank from a s body mxzx has 2 holes on the top 1 plugged off other is the vent and the fuel supply is out near the bottom same place as a normal tank. Just have to drill a hole same size as the top and install your outlet from your old tank.

I hear ya , thats kinda why i was askin how they draw feul cuz if they had a baffel in there somewhere then i figured just drilling a new hole in a new location might not work, but thats not the case.. Thanx.

renegade x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I do believe the mxzx tank is a gallon or two smaller,but I could be wrong:d

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

I do believe the mxzx tank is a gallon or two smaller,but I could be wrong:d

YOU ARE 100% CORRECT........ MXZX 440 GAS TANK = 9.8GALLONS/37LITRES ..... '99 SUMMIT 670X = 10.6GALLONS/40LITRES
ttp://www.ski-doo.com/SkiDooPublic/_Static/archives/english/archives_1999/default.htm
CHECK THIS LINK.....

Reaction score
Well see , now i know two things that i didnt know before.

1) A feul tank is not just a tank ( it is gonna work nicely too ).. AND..

2) Never take advice from anyone with the numbers 403 in front of thier tel. # hahaha.

Thx.

Top Bottom