Chevy oil change

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Silverado 2500 with the 6L V8 and it has the oil change meter yhat tells you whern you should change your oil. I have 8,000 km on this oil change and the meter is only down to 43%, should i chnge the oil or not, it still looks clean and is still right at the full mark and I do like 80% highway driving. Anyone else have this meter system in their Chevy or GMC truck? Do I change the oil now?

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Hey Teamgreen, It's your call... I would. All systems have a Bye pass system, Once filter flow is restricted as pressure flow, Oil starts bye passing filter... You may get lots of chatter on this post as in depth tech which will be very informative info, Which I am not going to get into at this time.... I would just do a oil change.:twocents:

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same truck and noticed that as well, My dealer recommended changing...may affect warranty if there are problems..BIGFOOT...what the heck were you doing up at 3 in the morning!!!!lol

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
HEY GUYS: MOST MANUFACTURE'S RECOMEND 3 MONTH'S/5000 KMS ON GASOLINE ENGINES FOR OIL CHANGES UNDER SEVERE CONDITIONS(WHICH ALBERTA IS, DUE TO THE EXTREME TEMPERATURE VARIATIONS).... I TRIED TO UPLOAD OFF MY ALLDATA OR MITCHELL PROGRAMS, BUT FIREWALLS WON'T ALLOW IT. THE MONITOR IS ONLY A MONITOR AND NOT THE ACTUAL MAINTENANCE FOLLOWING. IF A WARRANTY ISSUE OCCURS, THE ACTUAL MILEAGE MAINTENANCE IS WHAT IS FOLLOWED, NOT THE MONITOR INDICATOR. PLEASE SERVICE EVERY 3 MONTHS/5000KMS, WHICHEVER OCCURS FIRST, TO BE SAFE!!! IF YOU SWITCH TO SYNTHETIC OIL YOU COULD PUSH THE INTERVALS TO 7 OR 8000 KMS BETWEEN OIL CHANGES, BUT KEEP IN MIND, LIKE BIGFOOT SAID, THE OIL FILTER CAN ONLY FILTER SO MUCH AND THEN THE SHUNT/BYPASS WILL OPERATE AND OIL WILL BYPASS THE FILTER..... IF YOU PLAN ON KEEPING YOUR VEHICLE FOR ANY AMOUNT OF TIME, BE WISE AND "DON'T PUSH" THE OIL OR FILTER TO THEIR LIMITS. ANY QUESTIONS PM ME, AND I CAN LOOK UP ANY SPECIFICS..... P.S. BOTH ALLDATA AND MITCHELL ARE TELLING ME YOU CAN SET YOUR MONITOR(IN MOST CASES) TO EITHER REGULAR OR SEVERE SERVICE CONDITIONS..............

Top Bottom