Check your sled!!!!!!!

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I will put my sponge puck up against anyone else ideas any day. Come to think of it there weren't too many of them. I should not be able to beat BRP to the table with my NASA Engineering Lol.I just wanted EVERYONE to take the sleds they been waiting for all year and ride , not sit on the sofa and wonder What Do I DOO, What Do I DOO. I think we should have some fun. Anyone who thinks that 3/32 is a good safe gap can give me a crisp 1000.00 Dollar bill ( of theirs ) and I will carefully glue it in between the shaft and the oil tank. I won't take it down a gully, only down some of our trails off the mountain at the end of the day. How many of those ass kickin whops do you think it will take before its not so crisp any more. If it still good then you can you have all the fun with me you want. Sorry guys but i am a dad that wants to ride with his sons but between people that can't find a tank that someone thinks they have ,Then driving 3 hours too find a tank, then driving 4 hours to deliver said tank too a dealer to install where they let a mechanic promptly bust the friggen oil pump, Tomorrow I am driving that same route cause guess where the only oil pump inAlberta is is, so I can deliver said pump to dealer again CROSS MY FINGERS so they can finish job because THEY won't release the sled without thehegfcufnvkfnmcbv!!!!!!! RECALL DONE. Now I find out that Dealer is trying to make him possibly pay cause he didn't buy it there. All over a simple $20. recall Now to say I"M a little pissed is a understatement. Ask my sons, it takes alot to piss me off. We all don't want special treatment. We just want what is right. To ride our sleds, not too fight with dealers and mechanics. AT the end of the sledding season you will see us coming , the salesmen will come running to open the door for us and we will say holy crap that was better than sex, I don't want just one, I"LL TAKE TWO!!!!!!!! Got to go to bed got a big day tomorrow.

VERY WELL SAID DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now check your BP........ :)

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I will put my sponge puck up against anyone else ideas any day. Come to think of it there weren't too many of them. I should not be able to beat BRP to the table with my NASA Engineering Lol.I just wanted EVERYONE to take the sleds they been waiting for all year and ride , not sit on the sofa and wonder What Do I DOO, What Do I DOO. I think we should have some fun. Anyone who thinks that 3/32 is a good safe gap can give me a crisp 1000.00 Dollar bill ( of theirs ) and I will carefully glue it in between the shaft and the oil tank. I won't take it down a gully, only down some of our trails off the mountain at the end of the day. How many of those ass kickin whops do you think it will take before its not so crisp any more. If it still good then you can you have all the fun with me you want. Sorry guys but i am a dad that wants to ride with his sons but between people that can't find a tank that someone thinks they have ,Then driving 3 hours too find a tank, then driving 4 hours to deliver said tank too a dealer to install where they let a mechanic promptly bust the friggen oil pump, Tomorrow I am driving that same route cause guess where the only oil pump inAlberta is is, so I can deliver said pump to dealer again CROSS MY FINGERS so they can finish job because THEY won't release the sled without thehegfcufnvkfnmcbv!!!!!!! RECALL DONE. Now I find out that Dealer is trying to make him possibly pay cause he didn't buy it there. All over a simple $20. recall Now to say I"M a little pissed is a understatement. Ask my sons, it takes alot to piss me off. We all don't want special treatment. We just want what is right. To ride our sleds, not too fight with dealers and mechanics. AT the end of the sledding season you will see us coming , the salesmen will come running to open the door for us and we will say holy crap that was better than sex, I don't want just one, I"LL TAKE TWO!!!!!!!! Got to go to bed got a big day tomorrow.

DAGGOMMIT its hard to keep politically correct about this whole ordeal (oil-pump, wanting recall paid for etc etc).... Im goin out on a limb and robbing Hondas slogan
I WANNA RIDE...........I WANNA RIDE....I WANNA RIDE!!!!!!!!!!I WANNA FRICKEN RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nobody should be paying for a safety recall. Nobody........

Just to clear up the shop (name undisclosed at the moment) is trying to get Young-Gun to pay for EVERYTHING!!! Not just a 20$ recall, oil pump, oil tank , labor, etc etc.... All because they fracken put a mechanic on that's an apprentice, then shop admits to NEVER digging into the new sleds this far before

BIG-BALLZ

Reaction score

Just to clear up the shop (name undisclosed at the moment) is trying to get Young-Gun to pay for EVERYTHING!!! Not just a 20$ recall, oil pump, oil tank , labor, etc etc.... All because they fracken put a mechanic on that's an apprentice, then shop admits to NEVER digging into the new sleds this far before

WTF THIS IS FRICKEN RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO if your planning on having your shop work on a possible Callback warranty job for your shop... GET THE SEASONED PROFESSIONSL TO DO THE JOB!!! He at least has some background history to back him up... Not saying that he is perfect BUT, he would at least know more about the systems and steps involved in diss-assembling these machines, rather than "pull and tug, it might come loose.......

TO THE SHOP THAT IS TRYING TO BEND THESE GUYS OVER..... MAN UP AND TAKE YOUR HITS..... YOU SCREWED UP... YOU FIX, AND MAKE IT GOOD AGAIN!!!!!!!!
Not too late to save face here guys.....

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All due respect, enough with the shouting, calm down guys.
I have not once read a mention that a call was placed to BRP about a dealer trying to charge for a safety, or about the shoddy work, which is not right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not once read a mention that a call was placed to BRP about a dealer trying to charge for a safety, or about the shoddy work, which is not right.

There have been. But have no response yet.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ive made at least 5 calls... all turned out with "ill relay it to the proper channels" and made at least the same number of emails wirh no reply........ so weve made the necessary steps.....

CRASH1000

Reaction score
I just had a chance to look at mine after picking it up at bowcycle on tuesday. Everything looks good and solid to me. There is about another 1/4 of a inch clearance between the oil tank and the fuel pump clamp that is still in the same position for a total of 5/8 of a inch. Clearance to the jack shaft looks the same. I think that the problems that people are having are caused by the quality of the work been done.

Reactions: LID

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive made at least 5 calls... all turned out with "ill relay it to the proper channels" and made at least the same number of emails wirh no reply........ so weve made the necessary steps.....

Hey no worries, the thread seemed to be getting a little tense. I understand your frustration.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sorry Guys, In my post I was referring the broken oil pump, the broken tank and all the labor to fix damage resulting from the recall. As far as I know he did not have to pay for the initial recall. The other repairs are in negotiations with someone stepping up to the table to mediate, working with others dealers can be tough so thanks a lot!!!!! The traveling to the dealer in Slave Lake ( BY the way THANKS GRIZZLY RIDGE ) was on me, my decision, wanted to get it fixed for weekend and was frustrated by lack of parts in area but is the same with everything these days. Just got back from REVY and a much happier Dad now . Did exactly like I wanted to, and had a kickass couple of sledding days with my sons. Young gun and Circled mistake made some new believers in the XM. Watch Maxwell their a comin. T. Team might have to pay them some commision Lol. Sleds worked flawlessly. Can't wait to do it again :)

Last edited:

Arctic_Ragtop

Reaction score
I put 500 miles on mine before the recall came out and another 305 after, finally got it down to the BRP dealer yesterday and it was done today. Low and behold it included the pull start cup, which is what I said would solve the problem right from the start. I spent a day at Superbowl fixing a guy in my groups sled that didn't listen to my advice, either way the BRP recall was needed and seems to work really well. Happy sledding!

Here is my boy testing out the T motion!

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like he's been watching the Can You Dangle video.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put 500 miles on mine before the recall came out and another 305 after, finally got it down to the BRP dealer yesterday and it was done today. Low and behold it included the pull start cup, which is what I said would solve the problem right from the start. I spent a day at Superbowl fixing a guy in my groups sled that didn't listen to my advice, either way the BRP recall was needed and seems to work really well. Happy sledding!

Here is my boy testing out the T motion!

The recoil came out with the recall because the old one would not fit with the tank moved upward..... The new recoil cup is modified and trimmed to allow a bit better fit with the tank moved.... IMO the recoil cup does NOTHING but cover up the situation..... the little bracket does all the work, the recoil cup just covers the fuel line so IF it breaks the fuel wont squirt right onto the battery.....

Top Bottom