Check your sled!!!!!!!

BIG-BALLZ

Reaction score
The recall works just fine take a breath. It's not ideal but it allows us to keep riding and it happened relatively quick.
YA but is it the permanent fix to have the tank supported under stress??? DO you think there will be a more "permanent fix" later on???
Thanks Maxwell

Wtf...rubber spacer yes that's some NASA engineering right there. This recall is rubber spacers
I think what he was meaning is what Bernoff did to initially protect his fittings..... Am not sure tho

Ya in the wrong places. Now my panels are a pain to open and everything is under flex. The little spacer i made helt the two seperated without any side effects

Was a revision of Bernoffs Hockey-Puck Spacer???

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya but instead of a foam puck I used a rubber on then stuck it in the same area. There was no way the fitting would touch the oil tank with that in there.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cold have been if he hadnt gone flat-landing this weekend.... We were on our way ti Sicamus this coming weekend..... Then there would have definately been a heli ride, either to recover sled or recover remnants of a sled....

Hope we dont have to cancel trip...

Cancel Christmas DON'T cancel Sicamous!!!!!

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The recall works just fine take a breath. It's not ideal but it allows us to keep riding and it happened relatively quick.

Just hope it works for the long run....... Still am a Strong Doo-Man and always will be, BUT I'm even sure you Maxwell had reservations about the recall and how it stressed everything out of its original position....
So far Sicamous is still a go.... Will be watching to see if the ride and/or trails tend to chafe the plastic any....
Ride On Brotha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Flyinw on here had the recall done and low and behold this weekend snap, just about stranded him.

A recall on a recall bahahaha, brp's on there game.

Sorry dub had too

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Flyinw on here had the recall done and low and behold this weekend snap, just about stranded him.

Sorry dub had too

What snapped?

I don't doubt there will be another recall come spring time when everyone can take there time and get it done. Either smaller reshaped oil tank or redesigned fuel pump. Changing the oil tank is a massive job so I would bet it would be the fuel pump. In 2011 they did the right thing as replaced all pistons. Not an easy or cheap task so I bet this will be addressed further.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sorry dub had too

Im with Maxwell what snapped??? The fuel line or the oil tank bracket???

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What snapped?

I don't doubt there will be another recall come spring time when everyone can take there time and get it done. Either smaller reshaped oil tank or redesigned fuel pump. Changing the oil tank is a massive job so I would bet it would be the fuel pump. In 2011 they did the right thing as replaced all pistons. Not an easy or cheap task so I bet this will be addressed further.

Oil tank isnt that bad is it????? Your not too far away once you remove the Pyramidal structure arent u???......

Whatever happens I'm happy lol!!!!!!! I can learn to accept this Temporary fix, IF that is indeed what it really is....

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well fawk... guess the dealers/techs dont give a fawk this is so mickey mouse I havent had mine in as of yet and Im almost scared its like the sled comes back worse from the dealer NO ONE seems to care.... fawk mine came damaged from day 1 and now Im a bit frustrated I also said Im in no hurry to pick up the sled go figure I get one of the first ones with all the updates coming out the same day I picked it up fawk Im annoyed

ohh and I never knew if you dont do the first service at the dealer it voids warranty that's also good to know like Im a fawking mind reader or something like really

Don't have to be a mind reader to know that, just a owners manual reader.

You seem tense. Let the dealer do their thing(s), take it and ride it. If something bad happens it is warranty. Ride it, then ride it some more.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What snapped?

Fuel line. Gas spewin out, happy he didnt have a bonfire. Shouldnt have to deal w that kinda bs from brand new sleds. They had to do the vent hose dealio to get out, plus two other riders gerry cans of gas

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey be happy its not a poolaris like mine the recalls done and it works great now guess the failures are even

• Recommends
Reactions: LBZ

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What snapped?

UH OH Maxwell, do you need to borrow one of my cats for your next ride, you could even take mine since all the updates have been done & yes there was lots lol

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What snapped?

Maxwell... do make this sh!t up as you go along or do you have an inside track with those good people with BRP, a crystal ball WTF... you sure doo have an answer for every little mishap...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maxwell... do make this sh!t up as you go along or do you have an inside track with those good people with BRP, a crystal ball WTF... you sure doo have an answer for every little mishap...

Huh? That is a pure guess as you can tell from my wording. I do have good connections but not that good.

Nonhighwayservice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The amount I fall off or roll my sled, the recall seems to be fine.. Mine even fell off a 30 ft cliff right onto its nose before the recall and nothing happened.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wtf...rubber spacer yes that's some NASA engineering right there. This recall is rubber spacers

Hey I will put my sponge puck up against anyone else ideas any day. Come to think of it there weren't too many of them. I should not be able to beat BRP to the table with my NASA Engineering Lol.I just wanted EVERYONE to take the sleds they been waiting for all year and ride , not sit on the sofa and wonder What Do I DOO, What Do I DOO. I think we should have some fun. Anyone who thinks that 3/32 is a good safe gap can give me a crisp 1000.00 Dollar bill ( of theirs ) and I will carefully glue it in between the shaft and the oil tank. I won't take it down a gully, only down some of our trails off the mountain at the end of the day. How many of those ass kickin whops do you think it will take before its not so crisp any more. If it still good then you can you have all the fun with me you want. Sorry guys but i am a dad that wants to ride with his sons but between people that can't find a tank that someone thinks they have ,Then driving 3 hours too find a tank, then driving 4 hours to deliver said tank too a dealer to install where they let a mechanic promptly bust the friggen oil pump, Tomorrow I am driving that same route cause guess where the only oil pump inAlberta is is, so I can deliver said pump to dealer again CROSS MY FINGERS so they can finish job because THEY won't release the sled without thehegfcufnvkfnmcbv!!!!!!! RECALL DONE. Now I find out that Dealer is trying to make him possibly pay cause he didn't buy it there. All over a simple $20. recall Now to say I"M a little pissed is a understatement. Ask my sons, it takes alot to piss me off. We all don't want special treatment. We just want what is right. To ride our sleds, not too fight with dealers and mechanics. AT the end of the sledding season you will see us coming , the salesmen will come running to open the door for us and we will say holy crap that was better than sex, I don't want just one, I"LL TAKE TWO!!!!!!!! Got to go to bed got a big day tomorrow.

Top Bottom