Cheap sleds for sale on kijiji

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after reading through this thread ive come to the conclusion that im not going to sell my 2014 xmx, im just going to convert it to a sled for my wife and put a pretty wrap on it for her. It will last her a long long time.

Now as for a new sled for me next year.... its getting pretty hard to ignore the deals on last years sleds even through the smell of a new snow check is pretty nice. I cant justify spending new price even with all the new tech they keep coming out with.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with those above that the manufactures are screwing their customers over by flooding the market with cheap holdovers. Real nice thing to do to loyal customers who paid full price. Happened to me on my T3. Bought it and 2 weeks later skidoo puts I think a 2k rebate on them.

Yup dealers have removed any snowcheck incentive IMO. Can snowcheck it for full price + fees as a loyal customer or wait 8 months and buy the same thing mid season for thousands less. I know what I'm going to do.

SnowDog

Reaction score
Yup dealers have removed any snowcheck incentive IMO. Can snowcheck it for full price + fees as a loyal customer or wait 8 months and buy the same thing mid season for thousands less. I know what I'm going to do.

I agree 100%, you would have to be someone with to much money to snowcheck, no incentive what so ever when dealers pull crap like they are now!!

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure dealers are 'pulling crap'. I agree that there isn't much reason to snow check but it doesn't have much to do with our dealers. Dealers are told how many units they're to order. Yes. Told. Then it doesn't snow for 3-4 years, economy stalls, the market goes into decline. They carry a years worth of inventory over hoping to sell as many as they can at razor thin margins so that hopefully they'll be in a better position to make some money the following year. IF it snows, if the manufacturer they carry has a good offering, and IF people are buying snowmobiles. If you're a buyer this year you've got endless selection of deals. The days of ordering a new sled every 2 years and paying $4500 difference to trade up are long gone.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what the manufactures do to entice people to snow check moving forward. I think this year it pretty obvious that people are not biting.

4 year warrenty
0% financing
shot start included

I think i would bite.......maybe

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
only way I would ever snow check again is if the msrp came down to 10999 for the loaded out new sled with e-start, 5 year mod friendly warranty and free oil...lol ya itll never happen
got screwed by brp on the t-3's in 2015

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree on the snow checks got screwed in 2012 never again. I bought a 2017 hold over snow check a few weeks ago. 2 year warranty as I was a previous Polaris owner all the snow check bags fancy Polaris gauge for $13500. That sled msrp was $16999 last year this time. The guys trying to sell year old sleds will never get decent coin for them.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The anticipation of a snow check is awesome I have to agree. But I had a horrible snow check experience. Lost $5k in 3 months. I still have the sled cause it’s been a great sled but it will never happen with me again. If your in the market for a used sled now is the time to buy. Even coming into winter prices are low low.

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone who is hoping for a good deal in the new year on the 2018 Arctic Cat M sleds don’t hold your breath, picked up my sled on Thursday and the sales guy at Ralph’s said it is the first time in years they have a order book for sleds. And they have been getting calls from other dealers asking if they have any extra coming they want to sell. Might change if AC can start pumping them out, but guessing they might be a bit limited on how many they can build due to parts availability. And Texron might have been a bit more cautious on the numbers until they had a better handle on how sales would go.

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone who is hoping for a good deal in the new year on the 2018 Arctic Cat M sleds don’t hold your breath, picked up my sled on Thursday and the sales guy at Ralph’s said it is the first time in years they have a order book for sleds. And they have been getting calls from other dealers asking if they have any extra coming they want to sell. Might change if AC can start pumping them out, but guessing they might be a bit limited on how many they can build due to parts availability. And Texron might have been a bit more cautious on the numbers until they had a better handle on how sales would go.
First off don't believe what a sales guy says

Last edited:

DirtyDangles

Reaction score
I fall into the 4th category. I seem to have 3 model years between sleds so I’m not getting one every year. Currently I’m rocking out a t-pro a assault and a axis. They do all have different track lengths and power options. Maybe I’ll just keep all three and have a spare for the spare.
The used sled market does suck tho. I’m asking $6250 for a 2014 assault with 1500 miles a fix kit and loaded with options and I have had no interest.

Ps I live in sk and drive to the hills with winter tires

Ps ps guess which one is the turbo lol.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171112/73d09b8cd4230fdb540fa9a8ddf1d8c8.jpg

Cat 4 here as well.....

note the sad clapped out turbo Xm with 11thouKms hiding behind the freeride with a total kms of up my ramp and down my ramp...
db.jpg

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is some truth to that, textron is doing some major changes to the marketing and sales dept.'s, blowing out all 17 and older stock (as that was all "arctic cat's" inventory) and going ahead with a much smarter build and sell strategy. I for one am happy with an 18 mtn cat $15400 cash out the door with 4 years warranty, and Ill sno check another one in 4 years time and so on

First off don't believe what a sales guy says

Top Bottom