Chappel Today - Friday 12

Web Mobile

Reaction score
Went up to Chapple today. Trail was hard moguls all the way up & down. Too much fog up top to ride to hard in unfamilar country, played around about a hour then headed back down to staging area.
Now the bad news, 3 rigs in the staging area, 3 broken windows. For us they opened the RH RR truck window, took a wallet & cell phone from a hidden pouch & cleaned out the front seat console, but left the GPS & Sat radio. Then they popped the latchs on the trailer rear gate, ruffed up the gear & shelves, then took nothing. Out of the wallet they used the credit card at a Petrocan pump by 3:30.
Heard 3 rigs got hit around Blue River, the local boys in blue said 9 this year. 3 last weekend & 6 so far this weekend.
So DO NOT leave any thing in the trucks at a unmanned parking lot. The boys in blue said OK with them if all your ID is left at your hotel & to leave glove box, ash tray etc open so they can see nothing of value. Allso to cover VIN so they cannot phone in # to dealer & get key cut.

Chow for now 7 have fun.

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Went up to Chapple today. Trail was hard moguls all the way up & down. Too much fog up top to ride to hard in unfamilar country, played around about a hour then headed back down to staging area.
Now the bad news, 3 rigs in the staging area, 3 broken windows. For us they opened the RH RR truck window, took a wallet & cell phone from a hidden pouch & cleaned out the front seat console, but left the GPS & Sat radio. Then they popped the latchs on the trailer rear gate, ruffed up the gear & shelves, then took nothing. Out of the wallet they used the credit card at a Petrocan pump by 3:30.
Heard 3 rigs got hit around Blue River, the local boys in blue said 9 this year. 3 last weekend & 6 so far this weekend.
So DO NOT leave any thing in the trucks at a unmanned parking lot. The boys in blue said OK with them if all your ID is left at your hotel & to leave glove box, ash tray etc open so they can see nothing of value. Allso to cover VIN so they cannot phone in # to dealer & get key cut.

Chow for now 7 have fun.
Just so NO One misunderstands....

Blue River has NOT Suffered the 9 Break ins....

As far as I know....

Today was a FIRST For Blue River !!

so I guess by the local boy's in blue you mean...RCMP ?

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That really sucks,,almost makes you want to just stay home rather that fighting with insurance issues.:realmad:

Web Mobile

Reaction score
Sorry Bkue Jewal, confirmed 3 at chapple & 3 further south towards Blue River. We were one of the 3 sdin Chappel, and at the Best Western I talked to another who told me he was one of the 3 from the other site.
Good news Allen was a blast today ( Sat )

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Sorry Bkue Jewal, confirmed 3 at chapple & 3 further south towards Blue River. We were one of the 3 sdin Chappel, and at the Best Western I talked to another who told me he was one of the 3 from the other site.
Good news Allen was a blast today ( Sat )
Thanks...Web Mobile

The "2" I know of South of You ( Here in Blue River )

They are Staying with Us at the Holy Smoke Inn.

Thanks for Clearing that up !

They were Sledding 25kms. South of Blue River at Finn Creek when it Happened....

I have a Trucksitter waiting to see if I can get any Interest....

It just might Work !

Last edited:

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to here that,we left everything in the hotel and only took what we needed.Rode Chapple saturday the trail wasn't to bad,creeks where easy to cross.Lots of deep deep powder.

TheRedDragon

Reaction score
Man, all these break-ins and thefts are getting just too common. I wish somebody would just sit in a trailer and wait for these dirtbags with a Louisville Slugger.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone thought more into the idea of paying a couple extra bucks per head on top the of the trail pass for the guy to hang around and keep an eye on the parking lot till later in the day.

Top Bottom