Change of heart for Kijiji?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody had a change of heart selling stuff online on sites like Kijiji after the recent Tim Bosma killing? Does it bother you to have a stranger show up at your place of residence later in the evening to look at items you may want to sell?

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is certainly on my mind now. I didn't hear about it until the Friday after it happened.

On Thursday I had two guys in their 20s come over to look at my 2000 super duty I was selling on kijji and ask almost immediately to go for a test drive. There was no way I was going to let them go alone so I jumped in. Obviously everything worked out Ok for me and the guy bought the truck the next day. But after hearing that story I'm thinking next time I will have my guard up a bit more.

Scary stuff.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People. If it is junk, please dispose of it at your local dump, not sell it, implying it works good to every caller. I just bought a ice and water fridge the other day, nothing works except the light... Later today we are all going to shoot the hell out of it and take it back, forfeiting my cash and dump it on their driveway.

I would piss my pants laughing if you are on this thread, so go eff yourself, in the nicest way possible. Lol.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People. If it is junk, please dispose of it at your local dump, not sell it, implying it works good to every caller. I just bought a ice and water fridge the other day, nothing works except the light... Later today we are all going to shoot the hell out of it and take it back, forfeiting my cash and dump it on their driveway.

I would piss my pants laughing if you are on this thread, so go eff yourself, in the nicest way possible. Lol.
Did you lay it down in your truck? When I bought my new one they said you are supposed to wait 24 hrs to plug it in if so, or the compressor can airlock and the fridge won't work.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No. 45deg max +/-5. Let it rest 1.5-2hrs. No big deal. Fool me twice(on appliances)...its still the weekend!

jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No. 45deg max +/-5. Let it rest 1.5-2hrs. No big deal. Fool me twice(on appliances)...its still the weekend!

What kind of fridge is it did u leave it plugged in long enough could be in defrost cycle

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody had a change of heart selling stuff online on sites like Kijiji after the recent Tim Bosma killing? Does it bother you to have a stranger show up at your place of residence later in the evening to look at items you may want to sell?

No. People seem to get a little sctected out when they show up at my place tho:confused:

This is a pretty isolated incident,, wouldnt let it stop you from selling crap on Kiijji.

On a side note did you hear Greyhounds new slogan? "We Beheaded your way"

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I try to meet in a public place, safer for both party's..

Personally when people dont want me to come to thier place I dont like it... Cause I think they are trying to pull a fast one and sell me a POS.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a friend in Vancouver that when sells an item tells the buyer be at such and such gas station at a determined time and call when you get there. With in 3 minutes he's there IF they call........ Probably not a bad way of doing things if possible. Kind of hard when selling a fridge for example.....

burgewx

Reaction score
Wasn't the fridge working when you picked it up ? Cause if it wasn't , you did it to yourself ! I have few items for sale (1 ) golden gate bridge ( 2 ) Ocean front property in Arizona

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a friend in Vancouver that when sells an item tells the buyer be at such and such gas station at a determined time and call when you get there. With in 3 minutes he's there IF they call........ Probably not a bad way of doing things if possible. Kind of hard when selling a fridge for example.....

You sure your friend is selling things on Kijiji? Lol.

But yeah, public places are the way to go. Too many bad people out there.

Syclone74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one else get this text message while selling on kijiji? This is so and so replying and wondering if your (insert item here) is still for sale don't text this number but for a quick response email (email address) seemed real fishy to me and regret deleting the address. Bought and sold a few things on there. But this is the first reply that made me wonder wtf is this

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I've sold and bought tons of chit on kijiji. Never a worry. I'm the one they need to watch out for.lmao! I don't make a good victim. Try to always meet in a public place. Sold my dirtbike last week in the Bass Pro parking lot.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only thing I don't like about kijiji is people that hassle you after you say " I got a buyer lined up" for me it's first come first serve. If I have someone lined up I am committed to that deal. Also had a guy get nasty on the phone because I said I just sold the item I listed, he complained that I didn't take the ad down and I just wasted his time. What the hell is with some buyers these days?

Top Bottom