Cats flop

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look like nice sleds but price point is nuts. For $10k you can get lots of decent 600 holdovers with twice the power and about the same weight. 2/3 size would be great as a loss leader but return period is 10 years which is too long. Maybe if they target light / entry use riders the 10k price might work .....but I have my doubts

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go look at an RMK Evo and you'll see it's not in the same category, it's trash. $7500 w/ e-start so $3k less which is substantial but the boards are barely off the snow and the front end is wide and very low the A-arms sit flat and it actually looks like it strains the balljoint angles. The Evo would be fine on the trail but off trail is not even playing the same game. Get your kid an Evo if you want them to be stuck and miserable all day.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go look at an RMK Evo and you'll see it's not in the same category, it's trash. $7500 w/ e-start so $3k less which is substantial but the boards are barely off the snow and the front end is wide and very low the A-arms sit flat and it actually looks like it strains the balljoint angles. The Evo would be fine on the trail but off trail is not even playing the same game. Get your kid an Evo if you want them to be stuck and miserable all day.

Yah the rmk looks like it’s made from left over suspension parts from the 90’s. Where the cat has the latest design of suspension. And the motor looks like a 800 cut in half. Not the carbed 550 fan.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed may as well get them a 600 rmk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you think CAT will be able to afford to participate in next years snowmobile show tours with all the profits from all of the beginner sled sales?

i wonder if they will bring them so your kid can sit on it and try it? or do you just have to spring check and hope for the best?

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you think CAT will be able to afford to participate in next years snowmobile show tours with all the profits from all of the beginner sled sales?

i wonder if they will bring them so your kid can sit on it and try it? or do you just have to spring check and hope for the best?

You sure seem concerned about Arctic Cat? Did your brand let you down again? Supporting Quebec affecting your conscience?

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

if this anger towards Cats new sled release that you display is because you don’t have kids and you and your husband can’t physically have any , you can always adopt !

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You sure seem concerned about Arctic Cat? Did your brand let you down again? Supporting Quebec affecting your conscience?
I'd be pretty disappointed if I was paying more for less tunnel and smaller grips too. I mean Doo ups the price for less tunnel while the Cat has had a short tunnel for years and Poo can just chop theirs off with a jigsaw as displayed by their own marquee marketing expert. Meanwhile the Doo marketing expert is trying to explain why they charge extra for a power outlet.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd be pretty disappointed if I was paying more for less tunnel and smaller grips too. I mean Doo ups the price for less tunnel while the Cat has had a short tunnel for years and Poo can just chop theirs off with a jigsaw as displayed by their own marquee marketing expert. Meanwhile the Doo marketing expert is trying to explain why they charge extra for a power outlet.

Research and Development. That tunnel chop cost millions on the backend LOL

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just cant see parents ordering a kids a sled without seeing or trying it ,but i never thought anyone would buy that junk 200 but people are. I do think a youth mtn sled is a good idea but I'm not sure it will sell i barely see kids on the mtn . I hope it takes off or snowmobiling is doomed no young people to take over.Good for cat and Polaris trying to get kids out doors and into snowmobiling.

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Textron Marketing department going to work..

I have a 16' 200Scoot for the kids.. They are 6 and 7 and need bigger sleds.. When i buy them 2 new Blasts, i'll have to pick them up at a Cat Dealer and i'll most like wander around the show room that i haven't been to in 15 years.. I like my Doo, doesn't mean i couldn't be enticed do a different brand that takes my Family into consideration and satisfies my OCD..
You want to know who gets more excited about sledding then i doo??? My Kids...

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Lenny hate to say it but Maxwell has the last laugh here, not only is his lady smoking hot but we all wish we could have the fun he is trying to make kids! Top it off with the fact that she can outride most of us, when their kids are riding a cat nobody will be noticing the brand trust me!

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lenny hate to say it but Maxwell has the last laugh here, not only is his lady smoking hot but we all wish we could have the fun he is trying to make kids! Top it off with the fact that she can outride most of us, when their kids are riding a cat nobody will be noticing the brand trust me!

Sure , that’s what it looks like , but not everything is as it seems sometimes !!! Denial of ones sexual preference can be a tough thing to deal with , and a good facade can make it easier to deal with . Have you actually seen this “making of kids “ activity between them or is this just your assumption ?.?.

Top Bottom