Catalyst Cat Chassis

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well hopefully the new engine is as reliable as the old 800 and it doesn’t come with a fist full of recalls and blown clutches. If they show up at the dealer and are reliable that’s a great start. I would like to see Cat stay in the game. Time will tell.

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Live streamed here I believe. Snowest should also have a live stream

Unfortunately I’m not on any form of social media. Any idea where I could find it on snowest? I’m not having any luck finding it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol, not needed, the cat will need a bit more than a flash to keep up to the turbo R.

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant wait to see them walking all over the 900R, Boost, and Doo Turbo-R in 2 years. Sure hope Polaris and Doo don't call their engineers back work in the mean time.

9R Booooost Boyz
Look out !

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a2e39cbf4ef82e44e1a18e4b14000eeb.jpg

Looks like they have doo beat in the gauge department.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Easy there Maxy. Pretty sure of all the brand loyal guys in this industry, us “die hard Cat guys” are far and away the least vocal and the least blindfolded to our brand’s shortcomings.

I’ve been a cat guy since birth. Dad sold them in the 70s and 80s. Once my snow check comes that will be my ninth new skidoo. Lol last cat snow check was an 19 alpha. With a few little mods that Sled kicked ass on 850’s. only time it lost was in really deep snow and starting off mid hill with no run. 16” tracks would get on top of the snow better. I sure don’t miss that alpha where I ride. Lots of non-groomed riding areas. By far the worst sled on the bumpy trail I’ve ever owned.

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Officially a 858. 182 hp. 6 lbs lighter than the 600.
Should have the best power to weight ratio of any n/a sled on the market. About 80 lbs lighter than turbo Lynx.
Since yamaha is out is there anything heavier than a lynx???
Good to see Cat back in it.
Hopefully Textron throws lots of R&D cash at the sled and it quickly becomes a top ccontender.
Too much fun watching the Doo crowd squirm.
Their feelies are so sensitive!!!
More selection and competition is always healthy.
Will take a while to build market confidence for sure, hell,........ you giver Cat!

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Officially a 858. 182 hp. 6 lbs lighter than the 600.
Should have the best power to weight ratio of any n/a sled on the market. About 80 lbs lighter than turbo Lynx.

182hp NA. Sure. If you want to blow smoke have a dart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant wait to see them walking all over the 900R, Boost, and Doo Turbo-R in 2 years. Sure hope Polaris and Doo don't call their engineers back work in the mean time.

i have no doubt it will be a bit quicker sled than the polaris 9R. that sled is less than impressive. and i think cats track and chassis will make it perform better in the deep than the 9R.

but yea, if you dont think brp has an answer for CAT in 2 years welll...they do.

Top Bottom