Catalyst Cat Chassis

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did they ditch the goofy mono rail? Hard to tell from any of those videos.

No.

Supposedly the new chassis makes the alpha rail more predictable and less prone to washing out but no mention if it has been strengthened.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No.

Supposedly the new chassis makes the alpha rail more predictable and less prone to washing out but no mention if it has been strengthened.
Not sure if its been strengthened or not but I did read the suspension geometry has been changed to prevent it from bottoming out.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems to do ok with the 600. Would like to see it in 850 or 900!
So would I but unfortunately chances are it won’t happen. Probably put a ctec 800 in for 2025, 850 or 900 by 2028 stock turbo option on the same engine by 2030 lol. Realistic targets, I’m done being disappointed. I’ve essentially had the same sled 6 different times in the last 11 years. Couple minor changes, (nothing a guy couldn’t do aftermarket), and a new motor in all that time.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure why people think the 2012 chassis is the same as the 2018 chassis and if so, then not sure how you will tell any differences with this new 2024 chassis. For those that don't like the Alpha rail, cool but there are a lot more that love it. Yes, they should offer the option of both, but to say the Alpha rail wasn't another major chassis change in 2019, well?
I'm still probably going to buy a doo turbo next year because Cat can't get there sh$t together they haven't been the same sled.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Not sure why people think the 2012 chassis is the same as the 2018 chassis and if so, then not sure how you will tell any differences with this new 2024 chassis. For those that don't like the Alpha rail, cool but there are a lot more that love it. Yes, they should offer the option of both, but to say the Alpha rail wasn't another major chassis change in 2019, well?
I'm still probably going to buy a doo turbo next year because Cat can't get there sh$t together they haven't been the same sled.
Tunnel, bulkhead, cooler, steering, all the same. If that doesn't make the chassis then what does? Alpha rail is suspension in my opinion. You can easily modify or change out the suspension on any sled. You can't swap out a chassis without it becoming a different sled. Plastics aren't anything to do with a chassis either, though the 2018 plastics are a huge improvement. The ctec-800 is an alright upgrade but not really anything to brag about. The alpha rail is a nice option, but it should be just that, an option not forced upon people in a mountain chassis.

The 600 catalyst sounded like a dog, sounds super weak. How is this suppose to make any current cat owners like myself want to purchase one.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tunnel, bulkhead, cooler, steering, all the same. If that doesn't make the chassis then what does? Alpha rail is suspension in my opinion. You can easily modify or change out the suspension on any sled. You can't swap out a chassis without it becoming a different sled. Plastics aren't anything to do with a chassis either, though the 2018 plastics are a huge improvement. The ctec-800 is an alright upgrade but not really anything to brag about. The alpha rail is a nice option, but it should be just that, an option not forced upon people in a mountain chassis.

The 600 catalyst sounded like a dog, sounds super weak. How is this suppose to make any current cat owners like myself want to purchase one.
So in your eyes the gen5 Doo is essentially still gen4 with new plastics?

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because I’ve had two 13’s, two 14’s, an 18 and a 19 and other than the alpha rail and change to a cleaner injected version of the 800 they were essentially the same sled. Everything they changed were things I coulda did aftermarket except the motor. However my 14 HCR speedwerx mod was just as clean running as the ctec when I got the fueling dialed and it had way more power. When properly set up with minor mods all of those years were damn near equal performers, felt the same on the trail. New side panels and front end were the only successful changes where nobody complained, and possibly you could say the motor but they lost the best reliability trait from the previous motor and more so became equal to the rest in that regard.Strip the panels, hood, and seat off one of my 14’s and my 18 mountain cat and you would have a hard time telling them apart. Same can not be said for Polaris or doo.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Catch up. We are talking about Cats and turtles here. Not duck's.
1674593392168.png

Kinda looks like a duck to me lol

Top Bottom