CASTLE PARKS WINTER map - Snowmobile Trails included

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CASTLE Map for snowmobiles.PNG

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been sledding in there? How are the conditions every year?

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can’t help but notice there’s less and less each year.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dunno, doesn't look like there's much for random riding. Personally, id say follow the rules they have posted in the side bar, and then ride where you want. Don't be an asshat, and all should be fine.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been sledding in there? How are the conditions every year?

One of the other forum members invited me to ride with him last spring. I was surprised how good it was. Trail in was like a paved highway and just as wide but had 4 ft of snow. Once in the back west end you would have thought you were in the snow belt of BC. We did some great tree riding. It is however impossible to know if you are on a trail though and I can't see anyone questioning you on it, as there was zero other people down there that day.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the other forum members invited me to ride with him last spring. I was surprised how good it was. Trail in was like a paved highway and just as wide but had 4 ft of snow. Once in the back west end you would have thought you were in the snow belt of BC. We did some great tree riding. It is however impossible to know if you are on a trail though and I can't see anyone questioning you on it, as there was zero other people down there that day.

The best riding is stage at the ski hill lot, take middle Kootenay pass over into BC and then you can ride the Flathead right to the border. North Kootenay pass will get you just South of Corbin, and the further West you go into terrain like you would find at Coal Creek.

It is an area that requires decent snow from the AB side to access and the "random areas" look small but once you are into BC there are less restrictions on the area. Hard to say how much longer sledding will continue to be allowed down there with the current government.

wickster1970

Reaction score
Last year was awesome out there! It is kind of a hidden gem that not a lot of people take advantage of. But it kind of goes with the amount of snow that drops out there! There is a ton of riding to be had in the Castle area. Aaron take you out last year?

Summitdoorule

Reaction score
Actually it is Middle Kootenay Pass that takes you down to the Flathead and down to the US Border... which is just past the Ski Hill... Some pretty AWESOME riding once you get over the Kootenay Pass...

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually it is Middle Kootenay Pass that takes you down to the Flathead and down to the US Border... which is just past the Ski Hill... Some pretty AWESOME riding once you get over the Kootenay Pass...

Isn’t that what I said? Last time I was there we staged in the big lot. I say it’s at the ski hill because the road ends there really and turns into the staff lodging. So unless it’s changed that is still the ski hill that maintains that lot.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best riding is stage at the ski hill lot, take middle Kootenay pass over into BC and then you can ride the Flathead right to the border. North Kootenay pass will get you just South of Corbin, and the further West you go into terrain like you would find at Coal Creek.

It is an area that requires decent snow from the AB side to access and the "random areas" look small but once you are into BC there are less restrictions on the area. Hard to say how much longer sledding will continue to be allowed down there with the current government.

I rode that area a couple times and I actually liked the areas Aaron took me better.

Top Bottom