Caribou closures?

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hey does any one have any maps or any thing about the carribou clousures...or info of any kind...plz reply if u know

thanks

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are NO Closers ....
They are Now Managed areas !!!
Blue River Powder Packers Snowmobile Club

Ask your Mom she is the Secratery for the Club

Ask your mom............Good one!!!! BURN!!!!!

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
He is a Young man of 14 years of age and he does not understand that we are in critical negotitions ....
We dont want people to think Blue River is closed cause its not....
He is trying to learn as best he can...
It is NOT a burn

Born2Ride

Reaction score
Here is the web site for the closures around Blue River, and they have signs posted no snowmobiling up at Finn where you go through the Cut Block.
Blue Jewel says good to go for now, governmnet says no, what do you do?
Do they fine people for being in closed areas, do the impound your sled???
It would be nice to have more information.

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Here is the web site for the closures around Blue River, and they have signs posted no snowmobiling up at Finn where you go through the Cut Block.
Blue River Powder Packer Snowmobile Club is Manageing the Groundhog...aka...Finn Creek Area For More info. Please Contact the Powder Packer President @ 250-673-8221( He is the New Management of the Blue River Huskey Truck Stop here. You will find him there.
You can also contact Blue Jewel by phone. All my Contact info is listed on my Signature. Thanks Patti

Snowman

Reaction score

Whats happened is that all of Groundhog Mountain( Finn Creek) is under a special permit to use as a snowmobile area. In order to get the permit the BR Powder packers had to make some concesions. 1) that we give up some area primarily the area east of the meadows at Ground hog east. 2) that we try and contain the sleds to the trail and access points into both areas hence the no sledding signs in the cut block a 4km.3) that we distribute info to as many sledders as we can by providing pamphlets like the ones at our Edmonton snow show booth also available at local busnesses. we also will have some one posted at the trail head giving info on all weekends. I hung about 80 more signs today and will hopefully finish the signing tommorow and then tear up the untoched powder. The info is available and for a club with only a couple of members it's a huge task to undertake so if we don"t seem well organized or are not effectivly getting the message across I apoligize.
Cariboo closers are every where in BC and there are more coming so please try and respect the closers or we will loose a lot more area than we have, I negotiated along with other locals the agreement we have and I swear that its the best we could do.

Happy sledding
Bill

bigblock600

Reaction score
so bill, do we need radios to ride up the road from that powerstation? i heard a rumor....
i have no problem with obeying the signs once you get up there, but i don't see the point in stopping every kilometer to call my position if there is no active haul in progress. is there a hual on that road currently????? tough fo me to believe that they would be harvesting timber in 10 feet of snow
thanks

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i dont know if theres a haul....but there is a mine up there...but its very light traffic...im sure bill will give more info then me.

POW-WOW

Reaction score
i dont know if theres a haul....but there is a mine up there...but its very light traffic...im sure bill will give more info then me.
There IS a Mine back there ,,,,They Haul Heavy Equipment up and down that road ...they haul Grocery's up and down, they haul Crew up and down, there is a Sign that says No Snowmobiles .....get a Radio call your miles stay Alive !
I dont think the people that use that road for Work would like to Kill somebody because they didnt have a Radio .....light traffic....I think not !
They will be using that Road all Season long.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so bill, do we need radios to ride up the road from that powerstation? i heard a rumor....
i have no problem with obeying the signs once you get up there, but i don't see the point in stopping every kilometer to call my position if there is no active haul in progress. is there a hual on that road currently????? tough fo me to believe that they would be harvesting timber in 10 feet of snowthanks

Most timber is harvested in the winter, we've had the same occurance in the North Thompson Areas the last few years.

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
we werre told at our snowmobile meeting last teusday... by one of the members that talk to the guy...he told him that there is only light traffic POW-WOW....if u wanted to know u shouldve came
I will not argue with you sooo just remember you are responsible for the info. you give out...
I am going by the written info. that I have...

Snowman

Reaction score
The finn creek road will be plowed this winter for the mine in the back end of finn. I contacted the company and spoke to the Vise president about our concern especially to saftey. He and the company can not do enough to ensure that sledding is not disrupted they are going to keep the parking lot at the pump station clear, they will try and leave a flat berm where possible for a sled to travel on and he said to me what ever else they can do for us all we need to do is ask. Their traffic will be minimal basicaly only supply truck once a week and some traffic when they do crew changes. So my take on this is there is NO issue in the finn creek area. As for the logging It's done for the winter by at the latest next Friday I spoke to the Timber companies bush foreman and have had a great repore with him, again they understand the concerns of the sledders and will work with our club to ensure access where possible. We will also have an attendant at the parking lot all season (Started this past weekend) who will be handing out cariboo info and tracking the number of riders into the area, we have equiped him with a radio and he has been informing any traffic of sleds heading up th road.

I hope this clears up any misinformation or rumors floating around.

Regard
Bill

Last edited:

bigblock600

Reaction score
thanks guys..
i wasn't sure if the road was plowed, as i havent been up there since last year. i was assuming it was the same situation as last season but obviously it has changed.
so bill, an attendant at the parking lot will inform any traffic about sleds coming up the trail for us? does that eliminate the need for each party to have a radio on the way up? (i know, i know safety first) . if so that would be great! will this be availble for dec 26-29th?

Top Bottom