Carbs hitting shaft

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
While Im working on my sled and trying to check all the electrical connections and I decided to pull the airbox to check the wiring beneath. I discovered when I had the engine work done at SS in the summer someone didn't tighten the carbs properly. There a little loose and they have rubbed against the shaft. See the pics below. Im lucky I checked this otherwise I would be the one with a sled on fire on some mountain somewhere.

RON

Attachments

• Resized_mar20 066.jpg
    Resized_mar20 066.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 94
  • Resized_mar20 067.jpg
    Resized_mar20 067.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 96
  • Resized_mar20 068.jpg
    Resized_mar20 068.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 86

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice bit of CSI work Ron!, I would be placing a call to SS and making a few inquiries. Any change in how it's running after the 'tightening'?

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Great catch Ron, that would have really ruined a weekend of sledding if a fire was started. Sorry to hear your wiring problem hasn't been sorted out yet. Is there any chance you will be riding with us on the weekend of the 30th?
Me, I'm not in great shape right now either. Sleds in a million peices on Ric's garage floor. Waiting for my new steering post to arrive so I can re-install the motor, align skis etc. Could be tight getting it together and riding next weekend, but I'm always up for a challange!

Yep, I will ask if they have 2 float bowls at least, but who knows..

I reinstalled and there is a 1/4" Gap now not touching at least. Now I have to keep working on the electrical problem..

RON

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Ouch.........

THAT IS VERY NICE "CNC" MACHINING:D (HA, HA)..... I WOULD BE TALKING TO SOMEONE, AND YOU'RE RIGHT ABOUT PROBABLY BEING THE GUY ON THE HILL WITH THE FIRE. COULDA BEEN NASTY. I'D BE CHOKED:mad: . GOOD LUCK BUDDY AND LET US KNOW THE OUTCOME. TELL S.S. THAT HE JUST HAS TO CHECK OUT THIS WEBSITE AND SEE WHAT KIND OF REACTION HE GETS. I'M SURE THATS NOT THE QUALITY OF ALL HIS WORK, OR IS IT?? :confused:

PS: I STILL OWE YOU $$ FOR THOSE WHEELS..........CALL ME, OR SUMTHIN"

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hind-sight 20/20

On second-thought??!!, Ron, after reading your 'piston-broke' post, maybe a good-ol' fire might not have been the worst thing to happen because with some insurance coverage, it may have avoided being "pissed" and "broke". Bad Karma man, good luck with the repairs!!.:sadbanana:

Top Bottom