Canada set to ban sale of fuel-powered cars & trucks by 2035

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread is not an electric car thread. It is about banning stuff. But if they did decide to ban electric cars for what ever reason, that would make me pissed as well.

What if they banned flip phones?

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which direction would the smoke blow off on 1 of those Electric Trains then?:unsure:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The range is going to get better as the tech evolves. Similar to how trucks and car have become more efficient on fuel over the years. Wasnt that many years ago a guy could only get 4-500 km out of a tank of fuel, now 800+ is quite attainable.

Less maintenance in the short term would be nice, be interesting to see how well they last after 10-15 years of abuse the consumers put them threw.
fuel tank volumes went up as well.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
received_2910565819244757.jpeg

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And what does that have to do with anything? Why don't we try to keep the vaccine threads to the dozen we already have going.

Because this is really about: "What makes you bitter" thread. Most don't like to be told they have to change their lives and the government is going to use your own money to make it happen.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Europe is aiming to do the same, no new fossil fuelled vehicles after 2035.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fuel tank volumes went up as well.
They definitely have, which would be like having a larger battery... the EV's are gonna have a hard time competing with a full size diesel 1 ton when its towing.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cold fusion should be the future.... breaking water down into hydrogen etc..... water powered vehicle
Exactly. I've had that idea ever since I watched the movie chain reaction with Morgan Freeman and Elizabeth Shue. I love Elizabeth Shue.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly. I've had that idea ever since I watched the movie chain reaction with Morgan Freeman and Elizabeth Shue. I love Elizabeth Shue.
rofl, cant forget keanu

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Elizabeth Shue....enough said....

I'm going to park this government plan in the folder with the list of all the glaciers and other climate catastrophes that were predicted to have happened by now.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Elizabeth Shue....enough said....

I'm going to park this government plan in the folder with the list of all the glaciers and other climate catastrophes that were predicted to have happened by now.

That would be a great subject for a new thread. Let's call it "The Sky Is Falling" and it can quote "expert" predictions from the past and then we can compare to what really happened.

e.g.

The predictions from the WHO of how many people they said would be dying from Covid compared to actual.
or your example of climate predictions, world end predictions, earth quake predictions, etc.

This could be fun. Anyone with a good prediction story, please start the thread so we can have more entertainment.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
And what does that have to do with anything? Why don't we try to keep the vaccine threads to the dozen we already have going.
Subsidies, bribes, coercion, carrots at the end of a stick like the vaccines for the travel requirements, concerts, large gatherings, etc.. are all similar. Government manipulation to get us to do something that the government thinks is good for us. It is all the same bag of chit and the sheep are following as per the governments plan. In fact they are swallowing it hook line and sinker without and real critical thinking.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Subsidies, bribes, coercion, carrots at the end of a stick like the vaccines for the travel requirements, concerts, large gatherings, etc.. are all similar. Government manipulation to get us to do something that the government thinks is good for us. It is all the same bag of chit and the sheep are following as per the governments plan. In fact they are swallowing it hook line and sinker without and real critical thinking.
Subsidies to attract business and generate local income is a good thing. Also, not all subsidies are federal or provincial.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think hauling arounf portable gensets to plug our tractors in at night sounds to fun lol, there allready complaining the electrical load on the grid is high in this heat with everyone running there air conditioners, lets just add 240volt charging stations to every ones garage the grid will handle it 🤞 im not against electric it has its place but in rural sask its not going to work anytime soon in larger centers it has a chance but when u think of what has to be done to generate electricity to power these vehicles and the limited batters at this time i dont think anyone really thinks 2035 will be the actual date maybe 2100

Last edited:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing with switching to EV is, it sounds good in theory to these idiots, but once you bring facts into it, it screws it all up. Anyone who actually thinks 2035 target for EV taking over even just regular vehicles exclude heavy equipment and semis is kidding themselves and knows nothing, it's not even worth debating. It's a impossible target that will never happen. If the government does try to force it, either a vast majority of the population will be using public transit unwillingly, or something else very ugly will happen.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing with switching to EV is, it sounds good in theory to these idiots, but once you bring facts into it, it screws it all up. Anyone who actually thinks 2035 target for EV taking over even just regular vehicles exclude heavy equipment and semis is kidding themselves and knows nothing, it's not even worth debating. It's a impossible target that will never happen. If the government does try to force it, either a vast majority of the population will be using public transit unwillingly, or something else very ugly will happen.

You scared of having brakes or something?

Top Bottom