Canada Post

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well now that he knows what the general populations thoughts are on this maybe he will take it back to the masses on Monday??? :d

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered 6K of parts through the states and have them all coming fed ex and a couple UPS because I couldnt do USPS. Now im going to be getting bent over at my door when they show up. FML

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My ex used to work for Canada Post...... i know how they work.... and how much they get paid.....

i just want my damn mail and car parts

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fire them all and we will use other methods. Will only take a few months to get back to normal.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered 6K of parts through the states and have them all coming fed ex and a couple UPS because I couldnt do USPS. Now im going to be getting bent over at my door when they show up. FML

The only one that is going to bend you over is UPS and it IS going to hurt. They are pirates.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WE ARE LOCK LOCKKKK OUT OOUUUTTTT NOT ON STRIKE:nono::realmad::rant:
yeah, boo hoo....when everyone else is just glad to have a job, you guys need more money. you aren't going to get any sympathy from me. I hope they fire you all and replace you with people happy to work

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
seems to me many people in non-unionized environments have taken pay freezes and even cuts as many small/mid size companies struggle to ride out the recent economic tide.....

I believe that unions were instumental in introducing worker rights and fair pay, but now they seem to have developed an attitude of guarenteed priviledge and feel they are entitled to whatever they wish....

Of all unions you would think that postal would be a little more cautious considering the evolution of email, online billing and competitive parcel services....

They are an essential service because we allow them to be, unlike healthcare and education we have alternatives...

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
ALSO..... as a crown corporation those same folks that have been forced to take pay freezes and pay cuts are the ones who still pay the taxes that cover postal workers wages... why should you get more while your employers get less?????

When is the last time CP turned a profit??????

Griz-L-Bar

Reaction score
seems to me many people in non-unionized environments have taken pay freezes and even cuts as many small/mid size companies struggle to ride out the recent economic tide.....

I believe that unions were instumental in introducing worker rights and fair pay, but now they seem to have developed an attitude of guarenteed priviledge and feel they are entitled to whatever they wish....

Of all unions you would think that postal would be a little more cautious considering the evolution of email, online billing and competitive parcel services....

They are an essential service because we allow them to be, unlike healthcare and education we have alternatives...

Very true. The only thing I have come in the mail is bills all of which could be E-billed. Oh ya and flyers most of which are at the fron t door of any store you choose to walk into and also can be E-Flyer delivered.

Tread lightly C-post

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Very true. The only thing I have come in the mail is bills all of which could be E-billed. Oh ya and flyers most of which are at the fron t door of any store you choose to walk into and also can be E-Flyer delivered.

Tread lightly C-post

forgot about flyers... I guess I'd be forced to buy a newspaper evey now and then to start my fire pit....

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want Canada Post to get off their lazy azzes and go back to work so i can get my freaking parcels!!!!!

Many of them did not want to strike at all, but the union rules, many still came to work until they finnally got locked out.
I don't think it's all the lower employee's (mail carrier's) fault here, it's the heavy hand of the union that is asking for far too much.
Most of these folks that you are upset with are just poor bastards like the rest of us that would be working if they could, they have bills to pay same as the rest of us !!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I'm not pizzed at the workers..... it's the union leaders that need a swift kick in the azz... they are the ones behind the demands, it's more political than anything...

Many of them did not want to strike at all, but the union rules, many still came to work until they finnally got locked out.
I don't think it's all the lower employee's (mail carrier's) fault here, it's the heavy hand of the union that is asking for far too much.
Most of these folks that you are upset with are just poor bastards like the rest of us that would be working if they could, they have bills to pay same as the rest of us !!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wait, Alberta's economy isn't great right now? I wish someone told me that before I got my raise a few months ago! The economy is just fine. Anyone who took a big paycut is a little slow in the head. There is so many jobs out there it's not even funny.

Canada Post better be careful, they are being phased out more and more everyday and this strike making it even worse. Give it a few years and I bet there workforce will have some big cuts.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
american freaken love UPS.

I think the American vendors love UPS because UPS goes to their door and picks up the freight. We can get some stuff sent via USPS and will cost way way less money but the problem is the American vendors have to take the freight to the post office and that I'm sure would be a pain in the butt for them. Pretty good gig UPS has going on. I just ordered EPS for my rzr from an American vendor. Paid 60 shipping. Went to pick it up on Friday and had to pay UPS another 54.56 in the name of brokerage fee. bullch!t. Opps sorry.

Does anyone know who owns UPS and where does that brokerage fee go to? Does UPS keep that money or does some go to the Canadian government? Sorry if I got off track on this thread.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Yes but you are Cyle and I'm sure worth every penny of that big fat raise....us mere mortals who have a firm grasp on reality understand that over the past few years things are not what they once were ecomnomically... recession maybe not but commercial construction companies booking over 30 million in projects very quickly had to learn to get by on 10 million... Now your employer is lucky because he has you but unfortunately there is only one of you any many buiness out there..... things are starting to ramp up again but for those busineses not employing Clye it's been a lean few years...

Wait, Alberta's economy isn't great right now? I wish someone told me that before I got my raise a few months ago! The economy is just fine. Anyone who took a big paycut is a little slow in the head. There is so many jobs out there it's not even funny.

Canada Post better be careful, they are being phased out more and more everyday and this strike making it even worse. Give it a few years and I bet there workforce will have some big cuts.

Top Bottom