Can you believe this putz !!

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats one of the reasons this situation exists and continues. Kinda like our first nations problem in my mind , someday gonna have to stop the monetary bleeding and let em sink or swim. When theres a mindset that the money will always be there , no matter how mismanaged or abused by the leaders or CEO's , it almost seems to become a line in the income side of the budget annually , an expectation . The UI payments will eventually stop , the recipients will weirher get other work , die or move away , Bonbardier will just keep burning through the money , no end in sight. Like all spoiled dependants.

I'm not arguing that corporations need to stand on their 2 feet.

This instance is a little different though, the money is being sought mainly because the new 220% tariff imposed on Bombardier by the US government that makes the C-Series impossible to sell in the US. Much in the same way the forestry industry is seeking money from the federal government because of the 25% duty on Canadian softwood lumber.

So do we let all these industries fail because of a short term blip due to US trade policy? (Yes I believe Trump is a single term President) Or do we help them hold out until logic is restored in the US in regard to international trade?

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not arguing that corporations need to stand on their 2 feet.

This instance is a little different though, the money is being sought mainly because the new 220% tariff imposed on Bombardier by the US government that makes the C-Series impossible to sell in the US. Much in the same way the forestry industry is seeking money from the federal government because of the 25% duty on Canadian softwood lumber.

So do we let all these industries fail because of a short term blip due to US trade policy? (Yes I believe Trump is a single term President) Or do we help them hold out until logic is restored in the US in regard to international trade?

But Trump only just became President, after the last government gift , and really had nothing to do with the last few times , and atually i believe after the softwood lumber tariffs , so this ain't Trumps fault .
And i disagree, i think Trump is totally gonna win another term , and America will be better for it.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But Trump only just became President, after the last government gift , and really had nothing to do with the last few times , and atually i believe after the softwood lumber tariffs , so this ain't Trumps fault .
And i disagree, i think Trump is totally gonna win another term , and America will be better for it.

Softwood lumber was all Trump, that happened in April. http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/wilbur-ross-softwood-tarrif-1.4083968
Here are the rates he imposed:

• Canfor: 20.26 per cent.
  • Resolute: 12.82 per cent.
  • Tolko: 19.50 per cent.
  • West Fraser: 24.12 per cent
Again I'm not arguing anything regarding previous payments to Bombardier, this is about the current issue regarding the absurd tariffs on C-series aircraft sold in the US.

Why is it wrong for the QC Premier to ask for other Canadians support on this matter?

What is going to happen if Trump decides our oil and gas is hurting the US industry and puts tariffs on that too? What are the odds QC will stand up for us at all, especially after Brian Jean and many other Albertans essentially told him to go F-himself?

And if this is quite frankly how we feel as Canadians regarding east vs west why don't we just draw a line somewhere between Sask and western Ontario and split.

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We should get payments now because we are 3 or 4th generation Canadians.
Ya and I want my cheque from that azz Putin in for invading my homeland. I'm sure that would be reasonable and he will soon come through also.?!?

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m gonna look at this like a sled trip. I’m hitting that nasty chute if I know daddy’s gonna shell out for a new sled the following week. If you know the government is going to give it to you why not make questionable decisions with the money I have. I come from the east and can tell you that bombardier has been getting huge bailouts for years. It’s nothing new. You don’t consistently shell out huge coin to stay in business. Someone is putting coin in there pockets. A large portion of this money is going to line pockets. What’s going to happen when our Canadian oil and gas owned company’s need coin

Top Bottom