Can they catch up ?

cat925

Reaction score

beauty (in this case sleds) is in the eye of the beholder. Even for those with an off colored sky or fantasies of who is behind and who is up front.
If some of you would have as much seat time on sled's as you do post's....your eyes would open up to reality a little better.

I don't have many posts cause I'm allways riding and when I do read snow and mud all I hear is all you ladies bragging about how good my semi reliable skidoos are

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On another note... Does anyone else think the difference in approach angle on the 3" Doo will affect the machines ability to get up on the snow or will it just trench?

This question right here is why I'm hesitant about the 3" on the T3, so my answer is yes.

I've done a 3" with 7t and know the pros and cons. Tracks canada swore up and down that the 7t drivers was causing the lugs to tear off. I know I had to send my track in for warranty.

The whole purpose of doing a avid case before was to gain the attack angle back by using 8t drivers. The clearance differance between a avid case and the standard case made no differance in the pow! The avid case just packed more snow in there than the 7t.
When I installed my 3" I noticed the sled Trenched a lot more than it used to.
Yes the t3 package has other things done to it to compliment the 3" but with that attack angle, without actually getting on one and trying it, kinda makes me wonder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This question right here is why I'm hesitant about the 3" on the T3, so my answer is yes.

I've done a 3" with 7t and know the pros and cons. Tracks canada swore up and down that the 7t drivers was causing the lugs to tear off. I know I had to send my track in for warranty.

The whole purpose of doing a avid case before was to gain the attack angle back buy using 8t drivers. The clearance differance between a avid case and the standard case made no differance in the pow! The avid case just packed more snow in there than the 7t.
When I installed my 3" I noticed the sled Trenched a lot more than it used to.
Yes the t3 package has other things done to it to compliment the 3" but the attack angle, without actually getting on one ant trying it, it kinda makes me wonder.

The other thing I noticed is they are using skidoo drivers which are round not the hex drivers like avid. This cuts down a lot of vibration and hopefully frees up some track speed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

GRD

Reaction score
The other thing I noticed is they are using skidoo drivers which are round not the hex drivers like avid. This cuts down a lot of vibration and hopefully frees up some track speed

Cutting down the vibration will be good, but still makes a guy wonder about the attack angle and how it will trench....

It will be interesting to see them work... T3 174 checked!

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Yikes 19 pages of smack talk from a bunch of chicken chokers, some things never change.

Good one, have not heard that one for some time ..

Attachments

• images6DKI6IPW.jpg
    images6DKI6IPW.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 183

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hex? HHUH?? in a 7 tooth?

Avid has the best drivers in the market.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hex? HHUH?? in a 7 tooth?

Avid has the best drivers in the market.

I guess that's your opinion. While they are great drivers and never fail or slip they are hex shaped and in that small of a radius causes vibration in your footwells. I'm not talking about the shaft I mean the driver itself. Octagon shape whatever man lol they aren't ROUND

Brewer

Reaction score
This must be the seniors forum cause that's the only guys I see riding doo

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh, I see what you mean..you mean flat spots?

The ones I had were absolutely round and were perfect. That was back in my REV days. Unlike the WAHL garbage that were untimed.

Do you have a pic of the ones that were used for XM/ XP? I am curious.

I guess that's your opinion. While they are great drivers and never fail or slip they are hex shaped and in that small of a radius causes vibration in your footwells. I'm not talking about the shaft I mean the driver itself. Octagon shape whatever man lol they aren't ROUND

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh, I see what you mean..you mean flat spots?

The ones I had were absolutely round and were perfect. That was back in my REV days. Unlike the WAHL garbage that were untimed.

Do you have a pic of the ones that were used for XM/ XP? I am curious.

ya i should have taken a photo of the hundreds of stock ones ive thrown out after replacing them i cant find a side profile online. but this is the stock xp xm driver

revtea4.jpg

here is an avid 7 tooth

YAMAHA-AVID-DRIVERS.jpg

Top Bottom