can am grips

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken off their grips? I am not sure what they are using for glue but I cant get the fawkers off. Tried the air trick, wd 40, penatrating oil. If I go with stronger chemicals the grips will melt. She asked me if I wanted new grips and I said no. Guess I should have grabbed them.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nevermind. Not sure why I didnt think of it before. Good time to put on heated grips instead.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with moose. They had the exact same one with a different label made by symtec. I was looking at the new can am one made for the 2012's. They look like the best option but they wont fit on the older models unless you do some redrilling.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never did get them off. The suggestion was made to try a heat gun to melt the epoxy holding them on. I might try that when I go back to work.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cut them off. There no good anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while working extremely hard

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the cost of regular grips I am probably going to toss them with the bent bars.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
I havent done a set of can am grips ......yet
But for other Makes/models i just wedge a flathead in between the grip and bar, make a space to squirt some water in, and twist grip, works every time.
And i have installed moose winter packs time and time again. Popo's, cats, suzooks, kymco's, yammy's..but i havent tried a can am yet.

Top Bottom