Calgary/Airdrie area, Anyone interested in practicing with beacons?

rmk mod

Reaction score
I am in and I am sure some of buddies will be too! Let me know where and when.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wicked.

OK with such a large amount of people interested I'm sure not everyone will be able to make it out at the same day so should we set up a couple days??

Are we waiting for more snow, would like your input please.

Who wants to go to Nose hill park in North West Calgary and who wants to go out to the beacon basin in Kananaskis that Rowdy mentioned.

Xfmontana

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to do it at nose hill park, if I'm driving all the way to Kanaskis I'm going to keep going to golden with sled and practice at Quartz. Lol

backseatrider

Reaction score
I would like to do this and vote for Nose Hill Park. I will have Glen bring my beacon down on the weekend when he comes to pick up the sleds.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would like to do this and vote for Nose Hill Park. I will have Glen bring my beacon down on the weekend when he comes to pick up the sleds.

Get Glen to drop off your beacon, and I'll swing by and grab the sleds for you :D

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live RIGHT beside nose hill park. We could all do food/drinks/sled videos at my place afterwards...heated garage, beer fridge, BBQ, New 509 Vol 7 and New Forecast vid.

I vote this weekend coming up or the next one.

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Will be there. Be good to get out to something in Calgary. See you there Trashy. Good idea on the get together Rowdy

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be there. Be good to get out to something in Calgary. See you there Trashy. Good idea on the get together Rowdy

Well it just makes sense! lol. Otherwise we could go to a pub afterwards. But like I said my house is right there. So if people are interested in doing a BBQ, sled video watching and bullchit afterwards my garage is open.

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it happens this weekend, hope everyone has fun. I will be thinking of searching for beacon's and beer, while I sit watching this dozer go round and round in sw SK. LOL

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very cool Rowdy! So I guess it would be best for you to set a date (that works for you) and we will see how many can attend. For those that can't on the day you choose I'll offer to go out and do another day if there are enough members.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about Nov 24th at 11am? Perhaps people can post up if that date works and we can go from there. See how many people that date works for.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How bout nov 24 at 11am? People post up if that works and we can see numbers and decide to proceed from there.

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a great initiative!! Good on ya. I am back to work that week, but I just wanted to chime in and say that just because people may not have their beacons with them, that they shouldn't just opt out. They can rent one for the day, or team up with someone who has theirs just to learn, or maybe we even have a sponsor that would come up with some loaners for the day (given that it is so early in the season). Carry on, you guys rule!

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a great initiative!! Good on ya. I am back to work that week, but I just wanted to chime in and say that just because people may not have their beacons with them, that they shouldn't just opt out. They can rent one for the day, or team up with someone who has theirs just to learn, or maybe we even have a sponsor that would come up with some loaners for the day (given that it is so early in the season). Carry on, you guys rule!

I agree 100%. For those of you that do not have a beacon, or have never been to a Avy class that is even more of a reason for you to come out and check this out! The buddy system works wonders!
ALL is welcome!!!

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How bout nov 24 at 11am? People post up if that works and we can see numbers and decide to proceed from there.

Rats.... was hopeing to be riding my sled on that day but Sunday will have to do
Im in..... hmm play on words... lets make it quick and easy i will be there.... bigger question is Where is there? PM me

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have sent out PM's to all that have requested to have a PM sent to them with the info (that was a mouth full). I have asked them to respond to the thread if they will be attending.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a parking lot at the intersection of 64 Ave Nw and 14 ST NW. Is this where we will meet??

Or 14 ST NW and Berkly Gate NW parking lot?

You could ping Rowdy's house with a rock from that parking lot :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom