c3 vs stock belt

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
I hear alot about belts breaking, and iv been wondering if anyone with the c3 belt drive have been having the same problem, if not why doesnt anyone contact the company that makes the c3 belts and get one the same length as stock? Or is polaris coming out with a new belt? If the c3 have been breaking as well then i think ill stick with my chaincase ;)

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris uses a different pitch of belt than what is standard.
c3 is a 12mm pitch, polaris is 11 i believe from when i measured- the 2 polaris gears i measured were +/- .015" of each other top and bottom
if you look on gates website they have the polychain options up there and there is no 11mm go figure.

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure the polaris belt was a gates one when they were testing that belt drive last year the belt said gates on it not sure who is making it now but must not be gates cause i can buy a gates on for under 100 bucks in edmonton but the Polaris on is over double and i think the profile for there belt polaris is using is proprietary to them. The problem is tension and that why c3 and CMX dont have as many belt failures.

Top Bottom