Bye, Bye Gun Registration

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I have not bought a gun but I do know that I cant scratch my rear end without applying for some sort of license or register something so all I am saying why should guns be any exception. Again, if this is a useful tool for the cops then I am ok with it. If it is inaccurate/expensive then it needs to be revamped but then I would not hold my breath that it will be 100% accurate. Nothing is with the government.
As for criminals, of course they will not register their guns. But having a gun in their position if caught, now changes the whole scenario.

The "I'm guessing you have never bought a gun" was not supposed to be a shot sorry.

A revamp would be too expensive.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The "I'm guessing you have never bought a gun" was not supposed to be a shot sorry.

A revamp would be too expensive.

no worries didnt take it that way. I guess I really dont care one way or less but I just hate when politicians pin point a specific subject knowing they are going to get some votes out of it. There are so many things that need to be eliminated to save money but they know this is a hot spot for many. :cool::beer:

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is the police that want to keep it going, lots of jobs and cash in this big white elephant. Gun registry will be back again with the Liberals, unless they get lots of names on this petition.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never really saw a point to the registry. I know they want to know who has guns and where they are but really is it going to help with crime or anything. I personally believe Canada's gun laws are to strict as it is. You know how nice it would be to be able to carry a side arm while bow hunting.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They always known who has bought the guns, but the problem is they have taken (stolen) firearms they deemed to be dangerous. Arrested a jailed persons who never commited a crime but just loaned out the firearms. Boy if the same laws applied to vehicals as firearms people would be furious. Just look at other countries to find the answer to what happens after registry starts.....do no listen to the media...who do you think owns the media??? The very rich.

Last edited:

jarredR

Reaction score
Gun rights advocates have their eyes fixed on Canada, reports BBC News. Now, Canada set to abolish national long-gun registry. Canada's Conservative government has introduced regulation before Parliament that would demolish Canada's gun registry. Particularly, the country's long-gun registry, which provides coverage for shotguns and rifles, would be eliminated. Abolishing Canada’s long-gun registry will destroy all records kept on rifle and shotgun owners. Criminal background checks and gun safety courses will still be required, however.

Andrew.L

Reaction score
Just bought a new rifle at Cabelas Edmonton on the weekend.... Took maybe 5 minutes for me.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They always known who has bought the guns, but the problem is they have taken (stolen) firearms they deemed to be dangerous. Arrested a jailed persons who never commited a crime but just loaned out the firearms. Boy if the same laws applied to vehicals as firearms people would be furious. Just look at other countries to find the answer to what happens after registry starts.....do no listen to the media...who do you think owns the media??? The very rich.
If you loan a car to someone that has no license and they get into an accident and kill someone you will be in ch!t. If you loan a gun to someone either with no license or they use it in a crime, you will be in ch!t....what is your point? They will still seize illegal restricted firearms. The only change this will bring about is a little less paperwork for people buying guns...Big freaking deal.....

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Registration paves the way to confiscation. Ask anyone who has had trouble with the 12.- classes. Ask any of the hundreds of people who have had a license lapse and had the cops come to their house and forcibly remove their legal property.
A car and a firearm are vastly different in the way the cops treat the owners.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you loan a car to someone that has no license and they get into an accident and kill someone you will be in ch!t. If you loan a gun to someone either with no license or they use it in a crime, you will be in ch!t....what is your point? They will still seize illegal restricted firearms. The only change this will bring about is a little less paperwork for people buying guns...Big freaking deal.....

Well there's also that issue of 2 million a year to operate the program. And 2 billion over the last 16 years. I think I would rather have that money go to the school system.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Registration paves the way to confiscation. Ask anyone who has had trouble with the 12.- classes. Ask any of the hundreds of people who have had a license lapse and had the cops come to their house and forcibly remove their legal property.
A car and a firearm are vastly different in the way the cops treat the owners.
So you are saying that hundreds of people who have had no other dealings with the police, simply let their license lapse and had the police raid their house to forcibly remove their guns? You would think that might have made the papers...... At least the Sun........If you drive without a license they can confiscate your car too.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am still curious to see how it all plays out. I dont care that I had to register everything but I wish we didnt have to pay for it. I still have to have my restricted stuff registered so it isnt a huge gain for me. Just makes it quicker to buy some new guns, not all. I will be happy to see it go for everyones sake.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am still curious to see how it all plays out. I dont care that I had to register everything but I wish we didnt have to pay for it. I still have to have my restricted stuff registered so it isnt a huge gain for me. Just makes it quicker to buy some new guns, not all. I will be happy to see it go for everyones sake.

from what i read they are going to destroy all the records of who owned what. quebec isnt happy, but why the hell do they want to know what albertans own what guns? they asked for a sit down with harper and he responded no thank you... in french

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im confused as to what the hassel was any way.... When ever I have bought guns it was only a phone call and done in minutes, loaded up and left. If I didn't want the government to know I had them I wouldn't buy them from a store. Plenty of unregistered guns out there for sale

Top Bottom